Vauxhall Vivaro Van LWB

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loonytoon

Reaction score
Has anyone on here got a Vivaro Long Wheel Base?

Currently looking for a new van, and want something I can put everything inside i.e. no roof rack, tube or ladders on roof.

I know I can get a triple extention ladder inside, but can't find an interior length to see if I can get 3m lengths of conduit, trunking etc inside.

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

You can't get a 3m length of conduit in without sticking it on the angle, but you could cut the bulkhead out and shove the last few inches under the seat.

I never liked the LWB Vivaro, it's only a few inches longer then the SWB but drives completely differently and feels 10' longer. I noticed this mostly in McDonalds drive thru's mainly! But the point still stands, just feels like a completely different van, very odd. I'd rather have the SWB and shove a load of pipe carriers on the top, which is what I had on my Expert.

Cheers for that Lurch, the boss wants me to have an expert like his, but I wanted to loose the roof bars etc, as his is really noisy on the motorways! Can't here my music! Lol!

Have been looking for a LWB expert, but there like gold dust, and mega money, especially in silver.

my works van is a long wheel base trafic(same van) and the turning circle is shocking, 3m lengths don't fit in unless at an angle as said but then only just, can't get that many in.

i have a roof rack, 2 tubes, a ladder rack with a tripple ladder and my 6ft steps on top and get no noise at 62mph(limited :( ), can clearly hear the radio :D

You can't get a 3m length of conduit in without sticking it on the angle, but you could cut the bulkhead out and shove the last few inches under the seat.
LWB and cant get trunking in?! my vans only MWB and has 3.5mtr loading space!

and as for large van to fit everything in.... itll never happen. i still have 3 sets of ladders on the roof, and roof rack also comes in useful for 6mtr lengths of unistrut etc

Has anyone on here got a Vivaro Long Wheel Base?Currently looking for a new van, and want something I can put everything inside i.e. no roof rack, tube or ladders on roof.

I know I can get a triple extention ladder inside, but can't find an interior length to see if I can get 3m lengths of conduit, trunking etc inside.

Thanks in advance.

Rob.
FFS, whats the point, ladders how small.?????!!!!!

if you can get decent size triple ladders inside, about 2.8m then some 3m conduit is gonna fit between the seats easy, or cut a 3" hole in the bulkhead if you need to.

ladders are quite expensive and easily stolen from ladder racks.

FFS, whats the point, ladders how small.?????!!!!!
My 2m triples which fit in the car reach the eaves on most houses and that is far enough for most jobs. Saves dragging the 3.2m ones round all the time, and the 2m ones can be carried around in one hand unlike than the hernia inducing 3.2m ones.

My 2m triples which fit in the car reach the eaves on most houses and that is far enough for most jobs. Saves dragging the 3.2m ones round all the time, and the 2m ones can be carried around in one hand unlike than the hernia inducing 3.2m ones.
mine are 2.8ish or less, and one handed carry(Im not a big lad either, in fact I am who I say I am!), triples, only en131 tho, but good enough.

My BT transit has room for a 3mtr triple extension ladder at side and 3 mtr lengths of conduit and trunking so is good as you have what you need for on most jobs. It has a workbench with vice which is handy for doing commercial work if you need to undo certain things. You can stand up in it which is a real bonus and has a stove so you can make a cup of tea if customer doesn't. Only drawback is its a bit thirsty but I don't do too many miles only 7000 last year and it past its MOT today with no work not bad for a 13 year old van.

thats quite a big transit you have, long wheel base high top?

thats quite a big transit you have, long wheel base high top?
Its a chassis cab box van with fibreglass body its the one that the bt jointers use would imagine its long wheel base 190 is the model and box is high enough to stand in.

Last edited by a moderator:
That'll be the same as mine then,

ahhhh, so more of a luton type van then just a bit smaller.

I would worry more about the clutch & gearbox on these vans mate, mine did 108k and all had to be replaced. Apparently that is very good for a Vivaro, the guy at the gearbox centre said he often has them in for a new box with only 50k on the clock!

I don't think i'll be buying another.

since were talking about ladders, what size do you have/carry round with you?

on the roof i have

4.5mtr double

3mtr double

2.5m tripple extending stepladder

inside

work stand

3 step step ladder

step/stair ladder

and they all get used regularly

also got a 6ish mtr roof ladder, but thats only taken as required

3.5m(i think) tripple ladder

3 tread aluminium steps

8 tread finre glass steps

all on my van all the time and i have access to anything else that could be needed through the yard bar a helicopter.

Locked to prevent hi-jacking (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts