Veritas 8 Alarming When Passing Sensor

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have installed a veritas 8 alarm, everything working fine except when unset and i activate one sensor the alarm goes off.

there is 4 pirs the alarm only goes off when passing number 2. I have metered the cable and all seems ok.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Not wired the tamper in, just linked it in the panel. 3 pirs are ok 1 setting off bellbox if i activate it, the system sets ok and all pirs set off bellbox. but when unset one sets off bellbox. walk test ok and all sounders/stobe work in test. I'm thiking faulty pir but why would it set off bellbox? I will swop pirs round and change zones on panel tomorrow.

24hr zone? how have i done that? didn't know that existed.

Thanks

I set them all as entry/exit, at least i thought i had.

why would you set them all to entry/exit, unless you plan on coming in through a window on a regular basis?

but yes, you have probably programmed it wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a pir where the key pad is one in a front room which is used as entry exit then one in a study room which has to be passed through to get to another room with pir which is also used as entry exit, basicly a row of 4 rooms all with window/doors both of end rooms used as entry/exit. hope that makes sense.

Badly designed system incorrectly installed by someone who can't be bothered to read the instructions and randomly replaces devices on a whim.

What could possibly go wrong?

As previously suggested, that zone is proberably progged as something other that normal alarm/entry/exit, it is good practice to put the keypad in a location where minimal zones require to be 'walk through/access', as you have it a would be intruder has the entry time on any device to find the main panel etc and do damage.

Much better to use one entry route and put the keypad in a position where only one PIR is WT/access.

Check the setting is progged zone 2 enngineers menu 12 1 prog on keypad and still activates check you havent out your tamper circuit in the alarm contact on relay instead of the zone wire pair