Voltage Optimisation Is a Waste of Money

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years ago,the Laws of Physics were changed by, i think, Dr Sheldon Cooper and Dr Leonard Hoeffstedder

it always used to be.   Power In -Losses = Power Out

now,it appears to be.   Power In.  X  [Offerydooferry ( smoke + reflective surface) ]= something out

just my personal,opinion......other incorrect opinions are available

Being energy efficient is very simple. Turn things off when you are not using them. Keep your house well insulated. Fit energy efficient lamps. 

Do do this and you will be doing all you can. 

I tried lowering the voltage on our works (not my idea). It caused nothing but bloody trouble.
Remember working at an aircraft wings manufacturing site, they had some guy who knew nothing about electrics to get these optimisers installed. As you said Tony had nothing but bloody trouble with them as what he did not ask was how old where the fittings that was installed, lights kept going out all over the place making it look like the black hole of Calcutta. Switched them to by pass thus switching them off and they all came back on.  

Canoeboy said:
I have said all along that they are and always have been a complete waste of money and wont save any electricity in the long run and never pay themselves back, sold by charlatans and horse traders. We had one on here trying to pedal his wares a year or so ago and when confronted with sending me one to test and do an energy monitor on with a fluke logger to prove how much it did or didn't save in a real application over a month, they declined after many PMs and emails and wouldn't send me one, I declined to waste money on buying one to prove what i already knew.

Slick suited salesmen selling to old ladies  and snake oil just about sums it up :slap
I well remember questioning the vphase gang at the Ricoh a few years ago - they were so ******* useless I moved on to the scam provider stalls - who proved to have even less credibility than the previous snake-oil salesmen. 

I can only assume that both parties expect the vast majority of attendees to be "five day wonders" - because anyone with even a modicum of experience would feel insulted by the constant stream of vacuus rubbish that they roll out at every conceivable opportunity.

On a more positive note, the genuine guys selling good products stick out like a sore thumb amongst such imbeciles from PR and marketing.  Guinness