Where Can I Buy Engraved Dp Isolator Switches

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not your fault. The fact the fonts and colours are different suggests to me these are not engraved by Crabtree, rather something the seller has arranged.
I'll see what the builder comes up with in town tomorrow. If not, I'll ask the customer just how fussy she is.  It's a holiday let cottage and I think all she is concerned about is everything is labelled so guest know what switch does what.
At those prices it might be worth contacting the seller to see if they can offer a matching set.

oh, didnt actually pay much heed to the actual switches on offer,sorry.
I was about to post that same link when I clocked that the majority were FCUs.

...........................................He could of course use them but we'd then get into the whole "FCU versus 20A DP switch above worktop / unswitched socket or flex outlet below / discrimination" followed by the "do you void the warranty if you cut the plug off the appliance" discussions - not that that's been done to death before!  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Medlocks do them to order down south here where the streets are paved with gold.

If the owner was Scotch A printed label or marker pen would do.

I'm like a dog with a bone on this............................seen this company recommended elsewhere in that they seemingly not only engrave but STOCK accessories too:

http://www.enlabel.co.uk/

Correct if I'm wrong but after a couple of glasses (Argentinian no less) of vino here..........isn't it in the regs 5***.** that such 20A DP jobbies MUST be labelled?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update.  The builder involved tried CEF and Edmundson and both said they had to be ordered.

So he bought plain ones to fit for now, and I'll have to go back and change them later.  headbang

I'm disappointed the original builder has got involved with this and I don't have free reign to get the parts myself, it will make for more work in the end having to go back to swap them over and cost him more.  :C

What's more, the customer won't accept fitting the isolators in a walk in cupboard backing onto the appliances. Instead she insists we bust out several tiles to fit them on the kitchen wall next to the appliances so the builder will have to make good the tiling after I've done the wiring (glad I haven't been asked to do the tiling)

BG and MK both make them with most things written on them if you use there grid range or failing that most engraving shops will engrave plastic or metal plates for a small fee. It means they all match and you can have whatever you want written on them!!!

Latest posts