Another few machinery pictures

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netblindpaul

Reaction score
The was still in use when we got there to strip it out!

The earthing was OK and working, and, still there as far as I know customer won't spend to change it.

The isolator being a 10A rated device on a machine much less than that, had been electrical safety checked according to the sticker no more than 2 months before this was taken. This could be 2 months build up, however, the person who did the testing/inspection should have seen the 20mm hole in the top face which let all this in!

The fuse carriers were also fitted with 30A fuse wire.

IMAGE_00023.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

Copy of IMG_2690.jpg

Andy,

I dunno! But it is cheap to get done!

I realise there is a commercial aspect to all things, however, first it must comply with the regs!

I have a customer (large) who has many locations. We work directly for their H&S dept and do machine works etc.

The local sites complain about the cost, so they get in the locals.

Went behind one, bear in mind the location is subject to AE2 (522.4) & BE2 (421 & 422.3 & 522.14 & 527).

They fitted an IP65 rotary isolator for a machine supply fed from an existing db via BS88's.

No 300mA up front RCD, not even on their new cct (422.3.9 i).

The cct is in swa.

They drilled a hole in the top of the rotary isolator to bring the cpc out to the banjo on the outside for the earthing.

This invalidates the manufacturers spec and the installer then takes the liability on himself.

The customer in question is self insured for fire, so they take this seriously, and further more, they are big enough willing and powerful enough to bankrupt the installer should this happen.

If this building went up from a fault in this unit, the costs would be astronomical, the collateral damage alone could run into 10's of millions!

p.s. none of these pics are from this site, I'm there soon so I'll get some then.

One or 2 may be from a sister location, can't remember without checking.

I like the first one. Is it a hoist by any chance? I have come across a few Demag hoist panels in similar state. The fuses should be 'Diazed' or milk bottle type. Very good pics, keep em coming!