Bathroom Sing Song

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhitleyElectrical08

Reaction score
Photo 25-09-2012 10 38 45.jpg

Upon changing a light fitting in a bathroom for a customer this morning, I stumbled across this absolute gem of photo oppertunity, now i like in a sing song in the bath as much as the next person but i have never seen anything like this before, apart from being really dangerous (the radio is double insulated though ;) !!!!) it brightened my day no end like i think it will brighten whom ever has a look at the pic (been disconnected now btw!!!)

Class.

Am I the only one old enough to remember adaptors to connect things to BC light holders?

I recall seeing this 2 way adaptor thing plugged into the BC socket. It had 2 outputs, one switched by a switch on the side, one not switched.

You could then buy a rewireable BC plug.

So you connect something like a radio to the BC plug and plug it into the light socket. Use the in built switch to turn the light bulb on or off.

think it was in my Gran's house when I was a boy.

I have a couple.of.three or ,,,,, BC adaptors, I used one.for a.test socket

until I got.some lightmates, I still.use one for another purpose when festoon lighting is available!!!!!

Never managed to get a double adaptor one though, but have seen them in old farmhouses etc.

I have one too Steps a spare my grandparents gave me, like you used it before lightmates came out. I affixed a piece off flex to it and used it as an adaptor. Probably didn't comply with H&S but still hear though.