Bathroom Underfloor Heating Part P?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh right..... So you can't answer my question because you don't know the answer, so you just notify because you're unsure!

Wow and there was me thinking you were well above the rest of us!

Simply because another grey area and for the mere £1.60 with Stroma its done.....
its not a grey area. as i said before, its not within the zones (by definitions of what the zones are in 7671), therefore its not notifiable.

so far you have offered no evidence that it is notifiable, yet you still insist that it should be notified

Oh right..... So you can't answer my question because you don't know the answer, so you just notify because you're unsure!

Wow and there was me thinking you were well above the rest of us!
TBH I don't think this has EVER been defined by anyone - the delights of the garbage written by the IET.

So as I previously stated for a mere £1.60 its notified and done. You have to remember that often the controller is in the bathroom, in the prescribed zone, so in that case its definitely notifiable.

Anyway, you didn't install it, you can't use scam membership to notify under Part P, so why are you bothered?

did you even read what i said? obviously not. it is clearly defined. you just dont seem to be capable of understanding it

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you not read any of this thread...

the heat mats are in place under the tiles that is it, they would like the thermostat/controller outside of the bathroom as is their light switch. Straight forward enough work to do, I just wanted a few more constructive views or opinions on it as I have read elsewhere that it is notifiable but couldn't work out why??

Heat Mats are not in zones, no connections or control gear will be in any zones, it's not being run from a new circuit so I can't see how it's possibly notifiable, and neither can you by the sounds of it.....but hey you keep paying your £1.60 and just don't ever question anything

tbh, im surprised the scams allowed that change... they will have lost a lot of notifications because of it. at least from those who pay attention to it anyway

I still assume it comes under Part Pee To be honest , its in the bathroom ,,,its a Special Location .  

If below the floor tiles puts it outside the Special Location , does the same apply to the lighting wring above the ceiling  I ask.?

Without double checking , we can't run other circuits through a bathroom either so why would floor heating be different ?

I don't see Zones as anything to do with the term "Special Location" .

Gardens are deemed Special Locations ,  is the buried cable NOT in that Location then as with floor heating ?

Do the cold tails & sensor wiring go up the bathroom wall ?     

only work within the zones is notifiable, all work outside the zones are non-notifiable. unless you are in wales, in which case all work in the bathroom is notifiable... and i wont mention scotland...

Garden isn't a special location and neither is bathroom, part p approved document states special location as the are surrounding bath or shower tray (zones)

only work within the zones is notifiable, all work outside the zones are non-notifiable. unless you are in wales, in which case all work in the bathroom is notifiable... and i wont mention scotland...
As I live in Wales and work mainly in Wales then this work in Wales is notifiable,,, however for the odd time that I might stray across the border... If I did this kind of work in England then I'd probably notify it anyway

You are correct Mr Southcoast ,  Gardens & Kitchens are NOT Special Locations  , I was getting mixed up , as the work carried out in them is notifiable .

However , Section 753 of the Special Location section of the Regs includes Floor heating systems

Interesting thread. I would say it is not notifiable. But is none of this heating going anywhere near the shower or bath?

Interesting thread. I would say it is not notifiable. But is none of this heating going anywhere near the shower or bath?
well i guess the heat will eventually reach the bath / shower by convection (maybe a bit of radiation too, and conduction if close enough), but i dont think that alone suddenly makes it notifiable

You are correct Mr Southcoast ,  Gardens & Kitchens are NOT Special Locations  , I was getting mixed up , as the work carried out in them is notifiable .

However , Section 753 of the Special Location section of the Regs includes Floor heating systems
Can't deny that but as mentioned, this is where 7671 and part P differ.

I haven't seen the job, just got mentioned to me today by a friend.

Shall I post a definitive answer,?

It's NOT your problem,

Notifying about partP of the building regs is down to the homeowner,

Just connect it, do your tests, issue your cert, take payment, go to the pub.

Let the homeowner worry about the building regs, you're a spark, not the building polis.

:)

Shall I post a definitive answer,?

It's NOT your problem,

Notifying about partP of the building regs is down to the homeowner,

Just connect it, do your tests, issue your cert, take payment, go to the pub.

Let the homeowner worry about the building regs, you're a spark, not the building polis.

:)
As much as I agree with your sentiment, I don't think that's strictly true.

Latest posts