Can anybody recommend one of these??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would never buy test equipment from ebay...u never know if it has been damaged etc....

take the chane if u wish, but i would'nt.....

i would never buy test equipment from ebay...u never know if it has been damaged etc.... take the chane if u wish, but i would'nt.....
I would agree with you on this Matt. I brought a Fluke tester from BDC before they finished and when it went wrong I had a hell of a job getting it repaired. Luckily the wholesaler I buy most of my gear from sorted it out which was good of them. I think you are better to pay a bit more at least you will get service if it does go wrong.

Batty

never buy second hand unless u want to take the risk... just think you have just tested a house and it passed and a week later it burnt down due to a basic electrical fault that you tested with a second hand tester....

never buy second hand unless u want to take the risk... just think you have just tested a house and it passed and a week later it burnt down due to a basic electrical fault that you tested with a second hand tester....
IF you were gettign any second hand test kit..

IMHO you would need to get it calibrated & certified that it is functioning correctly...

:| :)

I remember the belt 500volts dc gave you as well.

Glad to see they call them vintage now, that makes me feel so old.

In some ways they were better than the modern one. Because they generated a bit more current you could often see/hear the arcing when fault finding.

Very good as well of course for measuring the resistance of new apprentices!

Don't bother with it Neil , bit like buying a B & W telly 405 lines , a job lot of 15amp x 3pin plug tops or a Rawlplug Tool . ;)

The one that followed it was OK . It was an Edgecome I think, press button ,analogue, ohms and Megohms @ 500v . When we did loads of Pyro work they were a must, also good for checking if apprentice is still alive.

Deke

I'v bought four robin testers over a period of time from ebay as a spare set, very cheap calibrated first time checked every month all good two years later.

I know April is a long way off, did anybody actually think I was being serious here??????

I too remember these things when I was an apprentice.

A true wind up on both sides of the coin!

Appologies to anybody who took it seriously! Heehee.

erm........

Sure there is something that I should say here....................

Hang on......... I`ll get it in a mo..........

Ah.............

Got it.................................

Neil: Hahahaha:z

Here - I think this is yours............... :coat

:Oheadbang:spam