Concrete Sectional Garage - Help Identifying the Manufacturer & Model...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I need help in identifying the Manufacturer & Model of my Concrete Sectional Garage.

I need some new panels. There are two Lengths:

48 x 14" (48 x 14 Inches)

54 x 14" (54 x 14 Inches)

They are a stone or bick type effect.

If I can't get a hold of them, as I have no idea of the age of the Sectional Garage, I would make Moulds. I have been looking at Liquid Rubber but it is expensive and has to be applied by brush, thinly, one coat at a time. Silicone, again expensive, can be applied thicker.

These Panels interlock each other. A PITA! And they also have the bit removed at the sides for the bolts to hold them in place.

I have about 4 cracked panels and I would need to buy or make several more of each size. There is a window to the left side and a window to the rear (right hand rear of garage), there is also a sidedoor, all of which, I want to get rid of and replace with panels.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Please see pics, below:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

My dads is similar but not the same design. He made a glassfibre mould from a concrete section and made his own up. Can't even tell the difference between originals and new ones.

My dads is similar but not the same design. He made a glassfibre mould from a concrete section and made his own up. Can't even tell the difference between originals and new ones.
M4tty, I have just come back online to say that I was up my Brother-In-Law's house last night and he suggested the same thing. Rolls of Fibreglass and the resin to make the Mould and in turn, to make the Concrete Section Panels, for the Garage. :)

Thank You ALL,

Well, They didn't reply. Suprise suprise. :_|

Do you have the gable ends, if it has them? That was usually where the manufacturer/model was cast in.

As in the Apex Gable? Yes? I have all gable ends including the Apex.

Mind you, The centre (rear) section and the triangular Section (Again, rear) were stolen from me. But I have since recovered the Rectangular section (All damaged, cracked etc). The center section is still missing. :_|

As in the Apex Gable? Yes? I have all gable ends including the Apex.Mind you, The centre (rear) section and the triangular Section (Again, rear) were stolen from me. But I have since recovered the Rectangular section (All damaged, cracked etc). The center section is still missing. :_|
Stolen?

Someone stole concrete garage sections from you?

:eek:

Bit of guesswork and extrapolation here, but I reckon it may be a Compton Derwent.

Yes, Probably kids. X:(

I found the one triangular section two days ago, they threw it over the top of the embankment at the rear of of garage plot, And cracked it.

I also found the missing center piece Today, about 12 O'clock (forgot to update this thread). That was dumped in undergrowth at the side of the lane, just down the lane from my garage plot.

It was all discoloured, but Thankfully whole (bar for a Little damage to the top), I tried scrubbing it, and although that removed a lot of stain, I was unable to remove it all.

I looked the sections again, and the rear is newer than the front, so all three gable sections have been replaced at some point.

Below are some pics of thos, and a close up of the "Pattern".

I hope that someone will be able to tell me the make and model. :|

Triangular Section:

25-1.gif

Center Section:

26-1.gif

Close Up of Pattern:

27-1.gif

Little sods! Sounds like you are going to need a good lock on the door once you get it built.

:(

Still veering towards a Compton, doubt you will be able to find replacement sections very easily though.

No, Mate. Looks as if I am going to have to buy a two part mix, and make the moulds myself (Also have to make frames for the moulds).

I will have four locks and the standard lock - hopefully. Gawd, I couldn't even get a replacement door lock for it. I took the barrel out Yesterday, and low and behold, I can't even get a replacement lock barrel. :_|

It would have been cheaper to buy a brand new bloody garage.

It would have been cheaper to buy a brand new bloody garage.
These days that's often the case.

What about plaster of Paris for the mould?

What do the sections look like on the inside? Are they reversable? If so just cast a plane pannel and fit the others inside out?

You're good at plastering - render the entire surface once built? Wouldn't matter what the replacements looked like then?

I will have four locks and the standard lock - hopefully. Gawd, I couldn't even get a replacement door lock for it. I took the barrel out Yesterday, and low and behold, I can't even get a replacement lock barrel. :_|
What type of barrel is it? I am quite into locks and might be able to source a replacement. Do you have a pic?

If you fit padbolts (which is what I would do) then don't bother with the standard ones, they can be bent apart with a screwdriver.

The attached pic is what I fit, when I had garages in Crack Alley they were always getting broken into, and people would say "There's no point putting a good lock on, they will still get in". One of these bolts with a Squire Stronghold close-shackle on it, and they didn't any more - they took one look and found an easier target! Soon everyone was fitting them.

padbolt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That is vintage indeed. It reinforces my opinion that this is a Compton, as our old garage at the last house had a very similar handle lock (that never worked!)

There is a bit of a trick that can be usually be done with this type of lock. First you must find a key, any old key, as long as it slides into the keyway and makes all the pins project outside of the barrel. Then with the key in situ, lightly grip the barrel in a vice. Take a file and carefully file the projecting pins, until they no longer project outside of the barrel.

Reassemble and it should lock and unlock with the key!

This method also works with similar locks from lockers and filing cabinets, as long as the barrel can be removed.