Edmundson Electrical Ltd

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an account at Eds in Rugby. They have always been good to me, BUT...just recently some of their prices have been scandalous:

3c 6mm H07RN-f at

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Eddys,

usually decent stock, or next day, or sometimes even get it from a branch near where Im working, or passing,

staff friendly, and know about stuff, until I ask for something with one of my obscure names :D

and they are pretty much national are they not? they even got me stuff in NI and Isle of Man on my account in England no probs. :)

Thumbs Up from me,

Average from me, used to use them for the odd bit, last month used them a fair bit, but received my bill and have been paying

Overall I'd give them the thumbs up. One of the things I like is that when I have vat registered clients, they'll put together my shopping list and let the client pay and be invoiced direct. I've put

When i use Citys i always ask the price with discount before i buy.......annoys them but so what

Pain is i have an account at one branch but use another on occasions,,,,,,they have to phone up to get authorisation for the sale !!!!!!

One good thing about Eddys and Citys..............they open on a Saturday !!!!!!!!

If you get a Friday night call you have haldf a chance of getting something that B+Q,Tools,Screws dont have.

we use eddies a lot, service is brill, most stuff is allways in stock for same day delivery to site and prices are good.

I use eddies off and on

My local Irvine branch is quite good, but occasionally gets beaten on quotes. They are getting better now.

They are really good for Thorn lighting

I have always found their staff to be among the best and genuinely give a hoot

Don't use them as much as I did as I ahev switched over to Hager for white acessories and consumenr units- which they say they can get next day.

For run of the mill stuff I expect them to have it in the branch.

As far as invoicing goes I find them spot on, and will give me a price with the line if I ask

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an account at Eds in Rugby. They have always been good to me, BUT...just recently some of their prices have been scandalous:

3c 6mm H07RN-f at

I use HSBC for my business account and have a commercial credit card which I use at my local wholesalers who are a small independant (only 2 branches) or anywhere else i go.

It only gives me free credit for upto 6 weeks but at least I get an itemised receipt straightaway whenever purchasing materials.

i may have to go back to edmundson as i am in need of a few legrand bits, not many places seam to stock it ( batty pointed me too electrafix for mcb / rcbo but they dont do sockets etc)
went back and what a wast of time that was, the guy behined the counter was getting advice from a spark about spuring from the ring " take the socket off and if there is 2 cables then its on the ring and feed your socket from it but if there are 3 cables then you cant as it already feeds a spur"
default_good%20luck.gif
. good advice that will write that one down.

anyway the spark leaves and the guy buggers off in the back with out saying a word. i wait for a few minuits another guy comes out blanks me and goes outside to speak to the spark who had just left so i wait a a bit longer guy comes back in blanks me again gets himself a coffee and buggers off into the back. Eventualy the first guy comes back, i ask if they sell legrand and he says no.

:C

I thought those days had gone . If you go to a smaller wholesaler where the staff have experienced redundancy previously, the attitude is totally different . They appreciate the fact that they actually have a job.

That sounds like Newey & Eyre about 20 years ago.

there are a couple of smaller wholesales i go to who are really helpfull and i always go back.

I work nationwide, and have for the best part always used CEF, I have recently been in discussions with both Edmondsons and newheys. Most of my stuff is pre ordered and delivered to site. The service from CEF recently has left me very dissapointed, and will probably give Edmondsons a little bit more of my orders, which currently run at around

Latest posts