Get yourself a bargain

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geffers

Reaction score
Hi guys Maplins are selling cable rods down from 15 quid to a tenner & a set of 7 x VDU screwdrivers also a tenner BUT (heres the bargain bit) - if you buy the cable rods you get the screwies free!!

Get down there today. :p

Maplin tools IMO are a bit 'cheap' in my experience. Which is slightly ironic as their components are very very dear!

I only use them if I need something quickly or just a couple of cheaper items where online P&P would swallow the benefit.

They do have some good bargains, but you have to be very careful.

Dunno where the receipt is Patch..... or should I front up with the damaged article and see what they say?
They don't even ask, if you can remember vaguely when you bought them. Internet orders you can log in and see them (if after the website upgraded), even at trade counters they take your postcode to add the history to your account. It's all there for them on their computer. Just ring them up.

Thanks Patch, I know for a fact I bought it in the Northampton branch around mid Aug as I was doing a job in a church there. Next time I'm in Bangor I'll take it to the branch there and have a polite word.

Dunno where the receipt is Patch..... or should I front up with the damaged article and see what they say?
The will have your details on there system of when you bought them so no probs changing them i've done it a few times when i've binned the receipt.

Nice comments but for a tenner it's got to be worth it just for the rods. I imagine they are all interconnectable, how many of us have lost or left them in roof voids or under floorboards?

Rev, I'd give Wera a call I'd imagine they would be happy to replace since they promote themselves as a top notch German brand

this is the second set of these I have bought,

easily worth it for the rods alone IMHO, I still have the first 2 year old set in my toolbox, albeit missing a few bits and bobs, for a tenner I cant complain, and at only a foot long are ideal for the places the normal rods are just too unwieldly to fit into.

as for the drivers,

well, they are good enough for social housing, enough said.

actually, my first set are kicking round the house somewhere for when the missus needs to change a fuse or hang a picture or whatever, fine for a tenner on their own I would say, but for free, deffo a bargain. :D

Latest posts