Hamster Q

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its the same with dogs, they wee on the floor you rub there nose in it, they dont do it again.Hamster bites cage, gets tapped on nose, doesnt do it again. :D
No you don't. There are much better ways of training dogs - mainly positive reinforcement :|

No you don't. There are much better ways of training dogs - mainly positive reinforcement :|
Thats what i was told to do by vet when my dog had pups, altho this was 20 years ago. ?:|

Thats what i was told to do by vet when my dog had pups, altho this was 20 years ago. ?:|
Nah - outdated advice!

Correct me if I am wrong but would you have been ~7years old?

Could you have remembered wrong ;)

Nah - outdated advice! Correct me if I am wrong but would you have been ~7years old?

Could you have remembered wrong ;)
Well 8years old actually but i'll agree with you on that one;)

Altho when we had a new dog who also had pups (10years ago) we were told the same thing. ?:|

i dont think a rod will make much difference to the end user
I was thinking of having some sort of live plate that the hamster stood on and then the bars of the cage to earth - that way the Hamster would get a shock but the owner wouldn't.

What would you suggest?

Also can you suggest a suitable box to terminate the 400mm

I was thinking of having some sort of live plate that the hamster stood on and then the bars of the cage to earth - that way the Hamster would get a shock but the owner wouldn't. What would you suggest?

Also can you suggest a suitable box to terminate the 400mm

good thinking with the live plate, you have obviously done your homework on earthing!for terminating the cable, you will need something like this

P69.3.jpg

and a fairly large shed to put it in
Wish I had a bigger shed..........

:D

As attractive the prospect of electrocuting the little ****** when he gnaws might sound, I'm not keen on my girlfriend dumping me!

Couple of questions she has; is it normal for him to one day feel really boney and light, then the next day he feels huge & heavy? Also, is it better to pick him up by his body or by the scruf of his neck?

Tapping him on the nose appears to have worked - he didn't even start gnawing last night! :eek:

Couple of questions she has; is it normal for him to one day feel really boney and light, then the next day he feels huge & heavy? Also, is it better to pick him up by his body or by the scruf of his neck?
I use the neck because it gives me better control but he will probably prefer if you pick him up by the body.

The weight thing intrigues me. Could be someting like fluid retention? How old is he?

Tapping him on the nose appears to have worked - he didn't even start gnawing last night
excellent :)

Also, is it better to pick him up by his body or by the scruf of his neck?Tapping him on the nose appears to have worked - he didn't even start gnawing last night! :eek:

I've never picked mine up by the scruff, either 1)put my hand out and let him climb onto it, 2)cup both my hands around him, or 3)pick him up (one handed) so your fingers are under his belly.

Glad to hear the tapping on the nose worked. :D

I knew i should have been a vet :p :^O

is it normal for him to one day feel really boney and light, then the next day he feels huge & heavy?
Siberian hamsters are able to adjust their weight to become fatter in the summer and leaner in the winter.

That's if it is a siberian you have.

Siberian hamsters are able to adjust their weight to become fatter in the summer and leaner in the winter.That's if it is a siberian you have.
He said overnight, not 6 months time!

and wouldnt it want to be fatter in winter?