Hello Fello Sparks

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnzybubbles

Reaction score
hi i'm a sparks working the birmingham area used to be just a commercial sparks working the london area but misses came along and now i'm mainly doing local domestic work, to be honest i hate it but it's not out of town all week and i'm home every night albeit late half the time, been doing this lark 6 years now still learning fast especially on the domestic side of things, love my job just hate being in other peoples houses, striving to run my own company but being only 26 and a bit of a lad in my early years i'm just not ready yet, so thought i'd just say hello and give and introduction of myself  

If you want it, go for it mate.  I was 22 when I started on my own.  Going from commercial to domestic makes it a lot easier. 

Welcome.

There are many under 30 in here, and a few relic's like Evan's :) :)
And me. I didn't go self employed until I was 40.

Welcome to the forum.  I do mostly domestic and don't have a problem. Granted there are some houses you can't get out of quick enough.

I prefer the whole set up in commercial and industrial personally, and yes I know exactly what you mean by cant get out quick enough sometimes, I left one house cleaner than when I entered,

You get to meet all levels of society when self employed doing domestic, some that you would rather not meet.

One house I wouldn't even use their loo for a pee it was that disgusting. I crossed my legs and finished the job quickly.  But thankfully that is the exception rather than the rule.

You get to know your patch, and get to know the good and bad places.  I can afford to be a bit picky, and if I don't like the sound of a job or a customer, then "I'm Busy" or a sharp intake of breath through the teeth and "that's going to be expensive"

Unfortunatly working for someone I don't get that choice otherwise I'd do the same, I know my patch as Iv lived here all my life but I don't know how people can work in such grubby houses, I know commercial and industrial can be as dirty if not more but in someone's house it seem so much more personal being around there mess, I guess I'm just funny like that.

Unfortunatly working for someone I don't get that choice otherwise I'd do the same, I know my patch as Iv lived here all my life but I don't know how people can work in such grubby houses, I know commercial and industrial can be as dirty if not more but in someone's house it seem so much more personal being around there mess, I guess I'm just funny like that.

You have hit the nail on the head there, domestic, commercial, office, shops etc.. can all have really bad places that you cannot leave fast enough. But it is only when you are the boss that you can actually have the choice to decide which places you want to work.

Doc H.

Latest posts