Hello to our New Members...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dan,

Welcome to the forum, it's good to have you on-board. :)

Hi i'm andy and i'm training to be an electrician

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:17 ----------

hi

Hello,

My name is Geoff and I came across this helpful forum whilst trying to source a replacement for a (rewireable) fuse in my 1970s MEM fuse box. Some contractors managed to drop one of the porcelain fuses onto a concrete floor. The ground impact chipped an edge off the fuse leaving an exposed live connection. Didn't discover the problem until several years after the contractors had gone.

I am a very recently retired electronics systems engineering manager.

Welcome to the forum matey. You dont plaster our boxes in so we cant see them do ya???? lol
Never would I do such a terrible thing ;)

Welcome to the forum Guys, it's good to have you all on-board. :)

Hello,My name is Geoff and I came across this helpful forum whilst trying to source a replacement for a (rewireable) fuse in my 1970s MEM fuse box. Some contractors managed to drop one of the porcelain fuses onto a concrete floor. The ground impact chipped an edge off the fuse leaving an exposed live connection. Didn't discover the problem until several years after the contractors had gone.

I am a very recently retired electronics systems engineering manager.
Hello Geoff,

Have you tried our forum sponsor?:

www.mcbfinder.co.uk

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the administrators and all you sparks out there for producing such a great electrical forum with all these fantastic questions & answers. As we are all aware we never stop learning & its nice keeping on top of your game.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:13 ----------

sorry to but in but what is the forum sponsor

Hi all,

I'm Mike, currently (re) training as a sparky. Went to my local college and complete 2 years of electrical training in my youth before being drawn to the dark side of IT :) funny though I spent a lot of my time sorting out the electrics for various server suites as well as sizing up replacement UPS and stand-by generators. Been looking to sort my life out and change career so I thought I would go back into electrics. Busy enjoying the re-training aspect at the minute, just completed my 2382-10 and 2393-10, booking up for the 2392-10 course. Got a brother in the trade so I am working alongside him at the minute when I cab on mainly commerical and some domestic work (which is where I want to work in).

Having some problems finding a local college to do my level 2&3 and move onto NVQ. I know the 2330 is being replaced by an all-in one course which includes NVQ but not having much joy being an adult learner (no benefit from a funding point for the college despite me being willing to pay in full!)

Hello everyone.

Long time lurker.

I'm the Maintenance Manager for a small company that is part of a very large group. We need to gain NICEIC accreditation and this seems a good place for advice. Found you by Google.

Cheers.

Nigel.

Hi, currently doing part p with that well know firm Train4 Trade skills loverly company! just got 2330 level 2 to finish (their week 5 practical) if it goes the way of the rest of the training it will be aqnother 8 months away, wish I'd looked at forum boards before signing up.

Hi guys and girls, I run a small business which covers the domestic, commercial and agricultural sectors based in Brighton. I'm a qualified electrician, part time door supervisor, ex squaddie and self confessed adrenaline junkie :D My business is Elecsa approved and I have 2 great lads who work for me. I've decided to join this forum as I have found some great advice on here but never posted, I'm thinking at some point I might be able to help add to that great advice :)

Hi. I'm from the States and working for a company that is retrofitting old electric thermal storage heaters with new electronics. Most ETS companies have pulled out of the market in the States, so I'm at this forum to find out more about how different brands work in England, where there is still a more active market.

Hi just joined the forum, as you can see I am Harrythreaders, with Domestic jobs that grow and change when you've 1. started. 2. just about to finish. hoo hum.

Still serving as a Royal Marine [22 years] and thought it was worth training in something that I would enjoy so;

Did Part P with 16th Edition, then passed the 2391 [first time], Pat tester/manager,

17th edition upgrade, Water regs - not sure why but hey hoo, NVQ 2 [i will get round to level 3]. trained at PGL [topsham, Exeter], the instrutor was Shaun the pasty boy, quality bloke, really helpful and great sense of humour.

Then did the Solar PV, don't even get me started on that course, complete farse, hire a roofer nuff said.

Anywho that was all over the last 3 years between trips to warmer climes, just doing a favour [wrong move] for a really good friend so I can register with an awarding body and crack on, only 3 years to leaving my wonderful Corps.

Got to say I really enjoy it, particularly fault finding the 'but I only changed the light', any tips or tricks ie help always appreciated.

Thats my life story lol

dont they all Harry??????

go look at a job, price it up, go back next week to start and,

where the **** did all that laminate floor come from?!?!?!?!?!?!? WTF,?!

anyhows,

welcome one and all. :D

hi , im currently in college doing level 2 2330 , so i can get into the army as a refrigeration and air con in royal engineers

Hi there,

I have just finished my 2330 level 3 and i am due to go in for my am2 next month, I have finished my nvq 3 and 17th editition. I work in the street lighting industry so I am finding this very hard and I am worrying about my am2. Does anyone have any material that I could use to help me throug it. any thing would be much appreciated thank you.

I'm a CCTV installer and I work for Network Rail.

At the moment im doing C&G 2330 L2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts