Hello to our New Members...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

just completed my 2330 exams so looking at this site to assist me in further information

HELLO ive been an electrician for 7 years i mostly work on comercial and domestic installations

Hello Brian, Snatch & Tommy.

Welcome to the forum - It's good to have you On-Board.

Best Regards,

Admin.

Welcome to the forum Mr Johnson.

Hello,i am cindy,from china.

I am fimiliar in indoor lighting.

Happy to be friend with you! :)

Hello Glyn,

Welcome to the forum. :)

Hi, I'm an 'adult apprentice' coming to the end of my second year and facing the 204, 301, 302 and 303 exams.

I'm 37 years old and gradually wondering if I'm 'too old for this s***'!!

Is there anyone out there who's maybe in the same position?

If so how ya gettin' on???

creamymuckmuck

Creamy mate stick with it, theres plenty of mature students doing the electrical student thing...... the end results are well worth the learning, some days you'll still think why the f*** am I doing this s*** but you get the job done & sit back with that now I know why I'm doing this feel.

And welcome to the best sparky forum going.

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading for a while, I am a system engineer in the nuclear industry

Hello all, I am retraining as an Electrician (Ex Vehicle Engineer) and I look forward to discussing topics and adding value to this excellent forum

Hi all, just about to finish my L2 2330 as a mature student... anyone got any hints how to get in the trade and become an electricians mate, I have tried cold calling and spec letters but no one has anything???

Hi all, just about to finish my L2 2330 as a mature student... anyone got any hints how to get in the trade and become an electricians mate, I have tried cold calling and spec letters but no one has anything???
Welcome to the forum. Not sure how you can get into the trade as a mate. The problem I see is you would need to earn a reasonable amount to live and anybody taking you on would have to justify that wage to customers but good luck anyway.

Hi all,

Qualified as domestic installer last year but still working at my old job until October, I have found a sparky who is happy for me to tag along occasionally and get in the way and ask silly questions. Its only when you qualify that you realise how much you don't know!

Wigglyamps

Hi ime persistant1. Had a go at working for myself now back working for boss doing comercial/ industrial and domestic installations. Must say realy enjoy it. Found this forum on web search.......

Hi Admin

First time user to this type of site.

I am interested in finding out what other electricians hasve to saty about the different aspects of working in the electrical industry.

Many thanks

BWABM

Hi,

I am a time served Electrician (industrial) serving my time with British steel,

I am still working for Corus (formerly British steel) as shift Electrical engineer, working on a wide range of equipment and plant.

I have done some domestic wiring over the years, I am now doing a self-build for my family I am doing the wiring and as a result will have some basic questions that will be easily answered by most of the boards members.

As I said I am doing the electrics, and as part of a building notice I do not need to be Part "P" accredited, but still need to provide a commissioning certificate to the building inspector. I have dowloaded a certificate that indicates what tests are required, including earth loop impedance.

Not ever having completed an earth loop impedance test before I decided to have a look into it. The result showed that this needs to be done on an energised system, with a dedicated tester.

I now have a small problem, I have a date for my new supply to be installed, but I have been informed from EDF that they will not connect the meter until second fix is completed and the job signed off.

How can the job be signed off without an earth loop impedance test?

Is there a method of calculating without the need of a dedicated tester?

Regards.,

I can not see how they can ask for an installation to be "signed off" before connection because the testing involves both dead and live tests.

The loop can be calculated but you would need the Ze from the supply.

Welcome to the forum, I would make a new post in the questions and answer section so this does not become cluttered by answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts