hiya ,can you help?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevemind

Reaction score
Hi peeps ,id like your help please.

Im new to the industry ,ive spent the past 13 years with sky and im a 1 man band doing tv installs ,my customers are asking me if i know any sparkys so that got me thinking .

I cant go to college cause i have a family to support soooo i googled electrical training ,i narrowed the search down to a company in watford ,i had my 1st practical week and my heads in the big red big book 4 the next month and then my exam. I was given a power point 17th edition course to help ,have you used this??? Also what practical stuff can i do legally?

Plus can anyone help me on the maths side Pray

thanks guys ..steve

Welcome to the madhouse

Cant really help you on the maths side unless be more specific. if your stuck on something, ask away. also have a look around this subforum at previous questions - lots of maths related stuff in there

what course are you doing?

Hi, and welcome from another forum newby. What course are you actually doing? If your doing practical and will be installing, I guess you should be doing the 2330 and the 17th edition will only be of limited help. Most people here are helpful and any problems search the threads or post a question.

If the training provider are any good, they should offer support as well!!

good luck

hi guys ,thanks for the reply .

Im doing the 17th edition ,pat test ,2377-002,2377-001 and my part p plus a few adanced test c&g papers ,the support is very good and they have their own forum i have about 8 modules to get though and **** loads videos plus membership to their website .....

The main electrical installation qualification is the C&G 2330 which is split into levels 2 & 3.

The 17th edition course confirms you can find your way around the book (if you can use a yellow pages you'll do fine!!). 2377 is the PAT testing and the part P is a preparation course as it doesn't give you registaration you'll have to apply at the end of it.

If you want to be fully recognised as an electrician, get on the 2330 course and follow up with the 2391 afterwards (ideally 12 months + after to gain experience)

Steve, there are a couple of books you can buy from the likes of amazon. All the electrical formula you will need and more. They are quite easy to get going on and have plenty of practice questions to build confidence on. The formulas are easy it punching it into the calculator is the hard bit. This is what to invest in

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electrical-Installation-Calculations-v-1/dp/0750667826/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244924386&sr=8-1

It will be only one of a very large library you will soon have.

why did you pack in sky for only asking as i am waiting for a telephone interview with them are they any good to work for ?

Thanks for your help guys

Hi Searley,ive been with sky since "89" and i love the being in the tools ,meeting new people..ect you get lots of perks working for them ie free sky+ broadband mulitiroom up to 4 rooms ,a monthly ****(free bar) its great fun .

give me your details and ill speed up the prosess.....by the way how are you with heights mate?