Hot spots when glanding singles....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jibspark

Electrician
Reaction score
Hi All!

ive been doing alot of work with large singles recently and to overcome the hotspots we have been cutting a small gap between each glanding hole ie: o-o-o-o

i was just wondering if anyone knows of anyother ways to overcome the hotspots?

cheers

jib

Hi All!ive been doing alot of work with large singles recently and to overcome the hotspots we have been cutting a small gap between each glanding hole ie: o-o-o-o

i was just wondering if anyone knows of anyother ways to overcome the hotspots?

cheers

jib
can they not be bushed through the same hole?

Put them through the same hole or change the gland plate to non ferrous, brass or aluminium or as we do change to a Tufnol insulated board.

If not you would need to to cut the slots, as you already know.

Deke

cheers guys!

same hole isnt an option as they are 150mm swa's, i was thinking ally but would it be strong enough?

perspex isnt a bad idea but i could see alot of people cracking it when they are drilling it.

evans is correct aluminium is the easy way,any decent switchgear manufacturer will have fitted ally gland plates .if you fit a insulated gland plate you need to check your earthing/bonding requirements

i don't think merlin manufacture switchboards anymore they just supply the parts to authorised switchgear manufactures to build them on their behalf so you should have no problems getting ally plates.iv'e seen elec supply fit single core cables they just use wooden blocks clamped together then just cross bond armour to earth no gland at all it looks rough but it works

yours benji