I'm due an upgrade my phone,,

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As said, I'm due an upgrade...............

Does anyone have any recommendations.... the Sony Ericcson C905 and Samsung Pixion seem to be the best feature packed phones out there at the moment, but I've heard that the C905 has a few problems!!

Any recommendations would be great!!

P.S. I've currently got a N95 silver

As said, I'm due an upgrade...............Does anyone have any recommendations.... the Sony Ericcson C905 and Samsung Pixion seem to be the best feature packed phones out there at the moment, but I've heard that the C905 has a few problems!!

Any recommendations would be great!!

P.S. I've currently got a N95 silver
I've found that Nokia are the most reliable & user friendly mobiles.

Noz

keep away from sony ericcsons 770i,,, mine went back twice for keypad faults.

gave up with it in the end and bought a

To be honest it depends what you want out of the phone, the more complex ones are still prone to problems. i upgraded from a K800i to a samsung U900 wish id kept the k800 now lol.

i now have a blackberry curve.

all emails etc are sent straight to my phone, useful when you get jobs by email so dont have to wait til you get home to get them.

looking through the book, it can also be used as a wireless modem for laptops etc.... still havent worked that part out, but could be useful

Andy

So how do you keep it safe when working ????

surely not in your pocket

AndySo how do you keep it safe when working ????

surely not in your pocket
it lives in my pocket. older phone lived in lower pocket (combat pants) just above knee (new phone doesnt fit in it) - never had any problems with them gettin damaged.

ive carried a PDA in the same pocket for about 4-5 years and never damaged it (only time it ever did get damaged was when i dropped it!)

Dont go for the c905, you will be disappointed... Just like I was when I went from My Quality N73 to a crappy C902. Never again. Back to nokia symbian next upgrade. Roll on xmas :(

I`m using the sony ericson "clamshell" that I had on contract 18 months ago!

Recently renewed contract. As I have rather big fingers, I needed a largish keypad. I like the sony, so upgraded to the new model. BUT.....

"We`ve only got it it.....

PINK

Guess who`s missus has a new phone on PAYG, while I keep using my old one on my new contract??????

I`m using the sony ericson "clamshell" that I had on contract 18 months ago!Recently renewed contract. As I have rather big fingers, I needed a largish keypad. I like the sony, so upgraded to the new model. BUT.....

"We`ve only got it it.....

PINK

Guess who`s missus has a new phone on PAYG, while I keep using my old one on my new contract??????
no cant think?

give us another clue???? ?:| :p :p:pBlushing

I've got a MDA Compact IV which is fantastic at everything except as a phone. Its even got built in sat nav - extra

The other half switched phones about 3 months back and got a Blackberry 8320 and I'm impressed with it.

Its got Wi-Fi and with a couple of other bits downloaded of the net its not bad at web surfing and email.

The only down side is its a pain to get your address book moved over from a conventional phone a lot of giggery beggery