Kitchen fitters not happy

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skrew that. I'll 'borrow' a pump from my local retained fire station they are planning on closing. The ultimate water pistol :p .

Cuz

GH,

Mikel,

Admin2,

Davetheglittz

Badger

Wozz

Noz

Andy

SlipSlap

tom1

are all going out to buy new water pistols first thing in the morning!
funnily enough, i just bought one of these the other day. looks like it will get some use afterall

2950.jpg

Required: 1x jet/hose operator.

Requirements of candidate: must be able to cope with my driving (seatbelts provided, and recommended to be used)

Skrew that. I'll 'borrow' a pump from my local retained fire station they are planning on closing. The ultimate water pistol :p .
We have 11 retained pumps & 7 are possibly going so Rumour has it.

I home M is back soon to tell us how he kicked 3 shades of some brown stuff out the glorified shelf stacker.

Im not sure how to do multi quotes so ill just reply.

2.5 spurred from 6mm 32A radial IMO is "bad practice" and there is no need for it.

M107 - i wasnt suggesting YOU had installed it.

The fan was not fused down. 1.5mm cable on a 32A MCB is pure madness. A fan is more likely to overload at some point.

I pulled on the drive at 15:30 blocking the shelf stac.....sorry kitchen fitters van in. The customer met me on the drive "The fitter said he'd be gone before you got here"

Thats why I came early hahaha.

Anyway I walked in to the kitchen & passed plesantries with the bloke, spoke to the customer about holidays & things while having a brew & said

"well I'd better get on & replace the flex outlet with a fused spur & connect the oven...all as per the regs allow"

He couldn't have heard me because he didn't even acknowledge me, the customer just smiled.

Went to pull the oven out only for the bloke to say

"I've fitted the oven unconnected you'll have to unscrew it from the carcase"

He then spent the rest of the time I was there outside doing something with the worktop.

Only a small thing I know but the w****r knew I was comming so why screw the thing in place?

Anyway 10 mins I was done & dusted with the oven working (he was more than happy to install & connect the hob earlier in the day) & the customer then showed me where the 2x sockets had been moved to, yes you've guessed it they are now inside the cupboards with a nice 3" hole below for the appliance plugs/leads.

We shall wait & see about the certs & testing........none done yet.

Show them some Kata at the same time:innocent
Nah, some Kata application or bunkai ]:)

M107: You're a better man than me. He would definitely had been invited outside for some words out of the customers way, because I wouldn't want to seem 'Unprofessional'. No violence because that doesn't work, but a damn good lecture and some cold hard facts about his 'mate'.

2.5 spurred from 6mm 32A radial IMO is "bad practice" and there is no need for it.
So what about when you go into commercial installations and there's a 300amp busbar with 25mm, 16mm, 10mm and sometimes smaller tails going out to all manner of smaller rated switch fuses?