Niceic Registration

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harris786

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have installed a new consumer unit, the ring circuit is showing IRfault between L-N. The customer doesn't want to pay for the fault to be rectified because the ring circuit is working fine. Do I need to rectify this fault if I wish to show this job to an assesor for certification?

I'd hazard a guess that you've missed a neon or plugin smelly somewhere?

What was reading?

I'd hazard a guess that you've missed a neon or plugin smelly somewhere?

What was reading?

Or we could just ASK ANDY!!

Hi All,

I have installed a new consumer unit, the ring circuit is showing IRfault between L-N. The customer doesn't want to pay for the fault to be rectified because the ring circuit is working fine. Do I need to rectify this fault if I wish to show this job to an assesor for certification?

1/  The fact that you are asking a question such as this actually means you are probably not competent to be working alone....

2/  As long as you have paid your money fact 1/ will probably have no effect on how your assessment goes.!!!!!

what exactly is your definition of an IR fault???...

But then again if you have put 500v DC down a customers cables with some appliances still connected then there may actually be some equipment faults now as you have fried some equipment vulnerable to testing!!!

:coat

the most surprising fact here is he has actually done an IR test. completely wrong and no idea what he is doing though so wasted his time anyway

Hi All,

No just show him the fault and ask him how to fix it. You will pass with flying colours.