O/topic - BREAKDOWN RECOVERY.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it would probably cheaper to fly to belfast, collect the bike, and drive it back via the ferry crosing.Macca

Guiness Drink
its looking that way,

the prices Im being quoted I could take the missus and kid over for a weekend and strip the bike and stick it in the boot of the car(van only has 2 seats) and bring it back with me,

being asked for over

It`d be almost certain to be cheaper as a DIY steps; unless someone`s going there anyway, and would put you in as an "also".....

Plus, the missus gets a "free" break, which makes her happier.

It`s a win-win situation, matey

i had an engine shipped over from ireland a few years ago, was complete with all ancillarys. Was delivered to my door on a pallet.

Cost about 70 quid - but it was only the size of a pallet. I think your bike will be a bit bigger :(

D.

i had an engine shipped over from ireland a few years ago, was complete with all ancillarys. Was delivered to my door on a pallet.Cost about 70 quid - but it was only the size of a pallet. I think your bike will be a bit bigger :(

D.
for

Hi Guys......UPDATE:

I have just had an Auto Elctrician out (On his way home)...

He plugged three (3) different machines in and NOT one could comunicate with the ECU.

The clicking in the 3 places (Relay next to the ECU, the R7 relay in the FuseBox and the Petrol pump) were still clicking all the time (a few clicks wer still active with the ignition off and keys removed).

Even though I charged the battery, it was flat -- and hearing the clicking intermittently after it was switched off with keys removed, I assume that this is what is draining the battery?

We have ruled out the Relay (next to the ECU) because I swapped it over for him - using the one from my Ulysse that we are currently using.

There is petrol getting pumped through as I can see it coming out of the top of the rubber pipe where it enters the copper? tubing to the engine.

Any ideas as to what this may be please?

He is talking about (If I want him to), coming out and spending the day on it, to "Pin" the ECU etc because he needs a good look at it manually as the ECU is not letting himput a machine on it. :_|

Your help is appreciated.
ok open up ecu and check for condensation dry out with mrs admins hair drier:D i will check to see what relay 7 does check earths usualy on inner wings clean and tighten them.looking at specs wiring diagrams i am not old enough to coment on thoseApplaud Smiley;) ;) :^O

My main car is no longer on the road. I swapped the ECUs over to double check that was the problem before sending it away to be re-coded.

It has wiped the code from my "Working" ECU and now my P red Fiat Ulysse will not start and needs re-coding too. :_|

To say that I am Pi**ed off is a HUGE Understaement. :_| :_| :_|

My main car is no longer on the road. I swapped the ECUs over to double check that was the problem before sending it away to be re-coded.It has wiped the code from my "Working" ECU and now my P red Fiat Ulysse will not start and needs re-coding too. :_|

Oh b***er! :eek: :O:_| :_| :_| :_|

I guess AD2 aint too happy either? :eek: :O:OX(

better make up a bed in your shed/workshop/bedsit ! :eek: :_|

Oh ******! :eek: :O:_| :_| :_| :_| I guess AD2 aint too happy either? :eek: :O:OX(

better make up a bed in your shed/workshop/bedsit ! :eek: :_|
you can say b***er but not p**n?

Who set this censoring thing up? Must be the Yanks

My main car is no longer on the road. I swapped the ECUs over to double check that was the problem before sending it away to be re-coded.It has wiped the code from my "Working" ECU and now my P red Fiat Ulysse will not start and needs re-coding too. :_|

shouldnot have done that the immobiliser is set to specific car will read code off transponder key have you got the red key off your original car it will recode ecu if not fiat wil charge a fortune to recode it, might have to replace ecu:O if you have red key you can ring me tommorow in work start at 1500 im me if you want my no;)

Hi Daryl,

I know that now mate. :( I have to send them both off to a company in England to get them both Re-Coded.

I never received red keys with either car. Nor too did I receive a Credit sized card with the "Code" on. :_|

Hi Daryl,I know that now mate. :( I have to send them both off to a company in England to get them both Re-Coded.

I never received red keys with either car. Nor too did I receive a Credit sized card with the "Code" on. :_|
are you in the aa they can get the code for you if you prove its your car on breakdown callout but you will need to put code in everytime you start car:_|

are you in the aa they can get the code for you if you prove its your car on breakdown callout but you will need to put code in everytime you start car:_|
thats sounds like a good security feature to me :^O

oh...better get on the blower to "Dragons Den"!

put forward the new security idea before FS!!!:DBlushing:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O
too late ive already put that idea forward earlier ]:) ;)

Latest posts