OK, who's nicked them??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have (had) a set of 160mm knipex side cutters that I only use when doing alarm systems. Got one to do tomorrow and the 160's aren't in my tool box. Not done one for a good while so they could have gone at any time in last 6 months really. Gutted...

Not going to be fun trying to strip 6-core alarm cable with my usual cable shears headbang

I hate it when tools go "missing".

I do a fair bit of intruder installs for a major retailer and I invested in a pair of automatic strippers , automotive type ones, can't beat them especially for stripping belden. Sorry to hear about your knipex.:mad:

That's the ones ian932..

Yeah takes the mick. Also noticed my voltage / continuity tester gone. Not used that for a couple of weeks either. Grrrr. Hate it.

I have a unistripper (same as the one shown but yellow) they're not bad for sensors but prefered my sideys for the panels. See how I get on, I can see myself down shop spending 20 quid on some new snips tomoz.

Yeah takes the mick. Also noticed my voltage / continuity tester gone. Not used that for a couple of weeks either. Grrrr. Hate it. I have a unistripper (same as the one shown but yellow) they're not bad for sensors but prefered my sideys for the panels. See how I get on, I can see myself down shop spending 20 quid on some new snips tomoz.
Hey please leave me out of this!... ;) ; ) ;)

I have 'misplaced' a pair of my Bahco snips and my el-cheapo [but fricking awesome ] LED torch. Gutted. Been AWOL for about 10 days; they will return, but when?

On the plus side...went to recce a job in That Scotland yesterday. On way back to car spotted a 'Cash Converters' style cave. Makita 110V SDS 3 function drill with bits, chisel and chuck...looked almost new

It must be catching loosing tools i have misplaced my knipex water pump pliers. I have two sets and one has gone missing. Needed them today as i was doing SWA. Have had them for about ten years so gutted. If they are not on the job tomorrow probably the plumber has got them.

Steps, the CK strippers are excellent. I have a pair.

Young's modulus springs to mind. Is this anything to do with exceeding the plastic limit of the soft copper?

Yes Steps - Worth their cost - Well worth it.

any of the reasonable priced auto strippers,I have had some in the past, but in all honesty after about a week or so they were worse than useless,

long while ago now so cant name names!!!
Mine when new and shiny

IMG00062-20100514-1814.jpg

Re steptoe.. Yea I think so. Great for stripping upto 2.5 flex ,8 core alarm cable , telephone cable, singles and cat 5/6. Never tryed it on the double insulated solar pv cable now that I think about it( will try tomorrow).

Great in your toolbox if your doing a repetitive job , flexing lights etc.

Apache. That's one clean and well looked after toolbox and tools:D. Or maybe little used;)

Latest posts