Old dolly switches

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not strictly true. You can use imported items as long as they're equal or Greater quality than the BS number for it's UK equivalent. ;)
The question is - if it's not been tested to British Standards and IF something went wrong - can you stand up in court and say 'it looked as decent as a British one'. How can you (reliably) define equal or greater quality?

Aren't we back to the good old fashioned bottom covering?

(I also fully appreciate they were all made in the same factory in China)

I haven't had time to read all the replies to the above question but have just fitted a load in a rewire for my cousin. One way sw is L2 not L1 as I assumed. Pain in the ar5e but not in surmountable. What did FLICK me off was the mounting screws to mount the plastic backing plate to the KO box were about 15mm too long. after an 18 hr day managed to get me an ins res of 0.000Mohms. Pay attention to where the old conn blocks are in the KO box!! otherwise Clipsal seem to be a decent Manuf Co. They do officially import stuff here and it seems that their switches do have >3mm seperation, so probably comply