part p mockery

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adzberry

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post and reading it you may think im a miserable ******, but really I'm not.

I hate part p. I think it's totally mismanaged, not put in the public eye enough and totally overpriced. I think that instead of each company being part p registered, that each individual should have to be part p competent and carry a card proving this fact just like gas safe and the individuals should be assessed every 2 years. As I know many "electricians" working for a company that have never even been to college yet are being let loose with testing etc.

And to rub salt in to the wound OFTEC which is a version of gas safe are offering a full scope part p program solely for plumbing & heating engineers for

I am sure you and Green Hornet, one of our distinguished members would get on very well.

Part P consultations are still ongoing I am sure GH posted something about them in past threads.

welcome to the forum.

I live and work in Scotland and it makes me laugh some of the questions your 5 week wonders come on forum and ask. Surely u need to address this issue and let real competent electricians get on with their work

I live and work in Scotland and it makes me laugh some of the questions your 5 week wonders come on forum and ask. Surely u need to address this issue and let real competent electricians get on with their work
you should know very well, we are free to just get on with our work up here. :innocent

Prodave do u maybe think one of the reasons we have no part p is because there are no easy routes into 'claiming' to be an electrician. I have worked with loads of guys that have completed a 4 apprenticeship and are still hopeless god only know what someone would be like after 5 weeks

Prodave do u maybe think one of the reasons we have no part p is because there are no easy routes into 'claiming' to be an electrician. I have worked with loads of guys that have completed a 4 apprenticeship and are still hopeless god only know what someone would be like after 5 weeks
unfortunately not,

we know what they are like too,

not only by the questions on here, but by the standard of the work we come across too.!

unfortunately not,we know what they are like too,

not only by the questions on here, but by the standard of the work we come across too.!
We have also seen some outstanding work done by self confessed short course (5WW) who are members of this forum, so I for one would not tar all with the same brush.

In fact if I ever needed any work done on my home I would have no reservations in asking any one of them to do it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well today I got a call from a bloke I know. He is having an extension built and fancies himself as a bit of an amateur electrician, he has done the 2382 [4 day version]...same as I had to do for fricks sake and I have been a spark for 35 years! does my freaking head in...rant over.

He wanted 'just to check' that I would be ok to sign it off for him!...He 'would have asked his mate who is a 5WW and has set up on his own, but he didn't think he was up to it'!!!!!!!!!!!So does that mean he thinks I am better qualified to be embroiled in his covert activities and will be better suited to reflect the ensuing flack and legal ramifications? Am i more qualified to a higher level of dodginess?? I suggested he pursed his lips and blew gently, or he could add it to his BCN but that would cost him

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't know why we don't have part P. We have our own, different, building regulations, and whoever wrote them never got that far up the alphabet.

They did introduce the Certificate of Conformity thing, but that remains optional, and I have yet to hear of anyone that has signed up to that. Have you joined that scam or know anyone who has?

I'm sorry manator but I just can't understand how anybody can be considered competent to work alone after only 5 weeks training surely only more bad than good can come from such a scheme so why give any the benefit of the doubt

We have also seen some outstanding work done by self confessed short course (5WW) who are members of this forum, so I for one would not tar all with the same brush.In fact if I ever needed any work done on my home I would have no reservations in asking any one of them to do it for me.
I would assume you mean any of the competent people, and not simply any of the people that have done a short course?

I do agree, there are some people that have done a short course and are competent at what they do,

but I am afraid they are massively outnumbered by those that endanger peoples lives and drag our trade down to the level of drunken Bob.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:43 ----------

I'm sorry manator but I just can't understand how anybody can be considered competent to work alone after only 5 weeks training surely only more bad than good can come from such a scheme so why give any the benefit of the doubt
only when they prove otherwise to me.

Nope haven't heard of anyone joining that just the usual nic or select here mate

you should know very well, we are free to just get on with our work up here.
For those who don't know:-

All posts by Prodave are now censored for any mention of there being no Part P in Scotland . He can discuss Part P , we are a democratic Forum ... but he,s being watched.

He sits up there ,over the border , poking fun at the English as we shell out to fund Part P.

He drives through England pointing and sniggering at his fellow Sparks. He asks them stuff like " Hey where I can I register for Part P ..... Oh silly me ..I don't have to .. we don't have it in Scotland "

He struts about the Bonnie Heather and the banks and braes erecting signs at the border " Part P Freezone " etc.

Does he have to shell out

For those who don't know:-All posts by Prodave are now censored for any mention of there being no Part P in Scotland . He can discuss Part P , we are a democratic Forum ... but he,s being watched.

He sits up there ,over the border , poking fun at the English as we shell out to fund Part P.

He drives through England pointing and sniggering at his fellow Sparks. He asks them stuff like " Hey where I can I register for Part P ..... Oh silly me ..I don't have to .. we don't have it in Scotland "

He struts about the Bonnie Heather and the banks and braes erecting signs at the border " Part P Freezone " etc.

Does he have to shell out

I can only compare it to the level of incompetence which filters out of our colleges and this is people who have did 4 year apprenticeships recently never mind a 5 week course

Lol u guys crack me up

I heard pro dave works commando in a kilt. That's how he keeps his lonely housewife customer base.

If they ask he assures them he's part penis registered.

He's a bloody southerner.
hey theres nothing wrong with southerners!! :p i am originally from Guildford in Surrey and living in the oh so lovely north west! although i do get sick of hearing 'you from that london or your a cockney' for the past 14 years! i can not for the life of me seem to rid myself of the accent!

We have just paid for our Part P renewel

hey theres nothing wrong with southerners!! :p i am originally from Guildford in Surrey and living in the oh so lovely north west! although i do get sick of hearing 'you from that london or your a cockney' for the past 14 years! i can not for the life of me seem to rid myself of the accent! We have just paid for our Part P renewel