Penny Pusher Machine...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that idea Andy.

Ad. Other options are an old-type washing machine / spin dryer motor; with a variac-type supply. Failing that, let it run at full speed; and gear it down - reducing the speed and increasing the torque at the same time.......

In order to work the piston; the ideal would be a flywheel with a long slot running radially, with a bolt to fix the cam bar - you could also then alter the length of the piston stroke, by moving the con-rod to the outer edge for a longer stroke, or near the shaft for a shorter one. You with me so far?

Dropper resistors could be used to fix a speed - though they`d have to be fairly meaty things. You want a thyristor or triac fired control, which would provide modulated pulses of voltage. I`m just trying to think of the easiest way to provide that.......

The cordless idea isn`t bad, except that you`d have to find a way to "lock" the trigger at the precise position needed - and they aren`t designed for semi-continuous use!

thinking..........................................

for trigger, maybe a fixed nut and adjustable bolt to screw in/out for speed, and a main switch before to control on/off. make larger holes in side for ventillation, and if used at a slower speed than max, it would probably last a long time

B-I-L was saying he will probably get a "Barbeque Motor". He has apparently seen ones that are adjustable.

Use a servo motor with a rack and pinion to provide the linear movement...The rack will be the table in which the 2p's will sit on

Just a quick thought

He was thinking of using a Windscreen wiper motor. He said that he was talking (Online) to someone who used a "Ford" one. Apparently there are two screws on a cover plate, undo those and turn the motor - this controls the speed on it.

IIRC wiper motors have different connections for different speeds...I may be wrong

Use a servo motor with a rack and pinion to provide the linear movement...The rack will be the table in which the 2p's will sit on Just a quick thought
Yeah, but then you`ve got to deal with drivers and associated male cow poo.

His BIL, I don`t think, wants to get into the finer points of servo motor driver control.

This is going the opposite way to the way B-I-L wants it but it looks good to me - B-I-L has been popping on here to check.[YT]

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vtk5Qy3lYKY?feature=oembed
That looks like a nice little winters evening project for you to knock up in your workshop Admin. The question is, why does your B.I.L want a penny pusher? Is it just for personal use at his home or an actual real machine for strangers to deposit their money in?

Doc H.

He wants to do it as a project for his Son for home use only.

Yeah, but then you`ve got to deal with drivers and associated male cow poo. His BIL, I don`t think, wants to get into the finer points of servo motor driver control.
Correct. :D

Apparently, He has made a start on it.

I have asked him to take "Before, During & After" pictures of it.

Hopefully, he will agree to show them on here,

:D