Rental properties and rcd

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the draft legislation is very flawed and leaves the current incumbents to manage yet another ill thought out scheme which will no doubt spawn another load of useless courses with the associated worthless exam to be "qualified" for carrying out EICR's

Well, you know that, and I know that.

I've written to my MP and expressed my concerns. He has today acknowledged receipt and is sending it on (to the DCLG I guess) - which makes me wonder WHO is advising them??

You did  better than I did then  Murdo.   I wrote to the MP   who was backing Seward Instruments  and my own MP  ,  no reply from either . 

Thats disgraceful of your MP - I emailed mine .... I thought they were supposed to respond to you?

i really want to know who is advising them ....

I've contacted my MP on three occasions  ,  all ignored .    

really want to know who is advising them ....
I don't know that  .....  I was challenging the concept of an elite band of testers being formed   ..(.Quote:-  The average , local electrician will NOT be used for rental testing .)   ....

My argument being ,  the local spark  rewires the rental ,  tests the install , issues a cert and notifies LBC  .      He cannot however , return in 5 yrs to carry out an EICR . 

The reason for that I was given by the ELECSA/NICEIC  assessor.........  in my case I have not been assessed to carry out EICR s   therefore can't do rentals  ,  only Full Scope members can do them . 

I've contacted my MP on three occasions  ,  all ignored .    

I don't know that  .....  I was challenging the concept of an elite band of testers being formed   ..(.Quote:-  The average , local electrician will NOT be used for rental testing .)   ....

My argument being ,  the local spark  rewires the rental ,  tests the install , issues a cert and notifies LBC  .      He cannot however , return in 5 yrs to carry out an EICR . 

The reason for that I was given by the ELECSA/NICEIC  assessor.........  in my case I have not been assessed to carry out EICR s   therefore can't do rentals  ,  only Full Scope members can do them . 

Its just another farce in the making .....

Yes  as usual  , over egging the pudding ,   I'm sure  Prodave  said that in Scotland the landlord can go to any local electrician /  contractor  for his EICR  .     Ah   yes ! of course he can  ,  Phart Pee  doesn't exist up there. 

Yes  as usual  , over egging the pudding ,   I'm sure  Prodave  said that in Scotland the landlord can go to any local electrician /  contractor  for his EICR  .     Ah   yes ! of course he can  ,  Phart Pee  doesn't exist up there. 

Mandatory EICRs and part p are completely different ....

infact atm there is no qualification requirement to do EICRs ....

No  what they meant was ,  in their view , as the NIC/ELECSA     I have only opted to be assessed for the Part P stuff    ,  so they  required  me pay them another fee to be assessed for carrying out EICRs   .  

As  I said in another post ,  prior to Part P   I and  everyone on here I guess ,   were deemed  to be capable sparks  via  JIB  grading  .    Most of us were doing  Industrial , Commercial & Domestic work  for many years  until Domestic  became a  subscription only   section  complete with  annual re- assessment  .   

As you say there is no qualification for  EICR s   but they  say we have to be either Full Scope or  assessed for  rental testing . 

Just saying what I was told .     See what others say  , I'll  catch you  later . 

Last edited by a moderator:
As you say there is no qualification for EICR s but they say we have to be either Full Scope
So,I may be able to test and inspect my own rentals!........nice

this wll be one of my questions on my 'Virtual assessment ,"

along with lack of RCD Spurs in the regs

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts