Scoobs And Likes...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springcrocus

Reaction score
I see that, as promised, scoobs and likes have merged to a single, clearer button.

Now, I've probably been doing this wrong but I always thought that "likes" were for when something made you chuckle / laugh or for when you agreed with a persons opinion for example, and that "scoobs" were for when you felt you had gained new knowledge such as help finding a reg, a quicker way to do something etc.

With the single button method now in place, would someone care to summarize when it would be appropriate to award a "scoob" and when not?

I can forsee a lot more posts containing nothing more than a Smiley (although we've always had our fair share of those). :)

I would suggest if you like their post and it has good or excellent information within it for the general forum population then it deserves a scoob, Its a way of rating a member (a reputation system)

I would suggest if you like their post and it has good or excellent information within it for the general forum population then it deserves a scoob, Its a way of rating a member (a reputation system)
What, like now.

Lol barx

I'm looking at the replies on just this post and everyone bar myself has a scoob/de-scoob icon On the right hand side of their post

But not me

Is it an iPad thing?
Use Safari - The Scoob buttons do not work on the mobile skin or the IPB App (which is a shame)

Lol barx

I'm looking at the replies on just this post and everyone bar myself has a scoob/de-scoob icon On the right hand side of their post

But not me

Is it an iPad thing?
Ignore Admin 3 - he has had a lot on recently.

You are not supposed to have them by your name as it would be inappropriate to (de)scoob yourself.

If you can see the buttons next to everyone else there is no need to download anything.

I have no scoob-ness. To scoob or not to scoob is not an option. I liked liking I did. Made sense to me. What does scoob stand for anyway? I can only think of doggy references and that's just weird.

Are the buttons missing cause i'm on firefox? I appreciate it's fresher time for the new forum so will be patient of course :)

I have no scoob-ness. To scoob or not to scoob is not an option. I liked liking I did. Made sense to me. What does scoob stand for anyway? I can only think of doggy references and that's just weird.

Are the buttons missing cause i'm on firefox? I appreciate it's fresher time for the new forum so will be patient of course :)
See my reply to your other posts.

I like the IPB app in the fact that you get notifications of replies to a thread you are following, but as said above scoobs don't work but you do see a little scoob heart with a number in if a post has been scoobed.