Things I do not like or am not particularly fond of

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most of the women look Irish, cos they imported them as slaves for the Vikings ( and got abused of course). Not many Viking women were keen to leave home to start a fresh in a bloody cold little island apparently.

piss off @rapparee

I saw her first,  :D   :pray
I'm proud of my Irishness, I thought you were British? 

Sure a north Antrim accent is practically Scottish.

@misssweden I'd say your back balance took a hit. Temple bar is hideously over-priced. All the tourists are ripped off there. But I'm sure you got lucky in Copper Faced Jacks.

I'm proud of my Irishness, I thought you were British? 

Sure a north Antrim accent is practically Scottish.

@misssweden I'd say your back balance took a hit. Temple bar is hideously over-priced. All the tourists are ripped off there. But I'm sure you got lucky in Copper Faced Jacks.

ye, I'm more a harder brogue than an Irish lilt, but SSS wouldnt know that,,,,,  ;)

. (I never realised how much of a weakness I have for men with an irish accent
Well we Irishmen must stick together so starting in the key of G ....

I close my eyes & picture , the emerald of the sea

From the fishing boats at adingle to the shores of Dunadee

I miss the River Shannon & the floks at Skibbereen

the moorlands & the meadows with their forty shades of green. :innocent

Annoying things eh !     When you log off a few sites , Amazon is one , the prompt box says ...." Not Derek ? ..Log off."   

WHAT!!!!   I want a box then where I can explain that .... "No I am indeed Derek, I'm not someone else but yes I do want to log off but don't want you to think that I am not Derek " :C In fact why do you assume that  I'm someone else , I've just bought something , you were happy with me then .

And while I'm here :

Bloody neighbour's son's car  parked outside our house for the last 8 months , never moves because he can't afford driving lessons . He thinks he doesn't need them and can just start driving on a provisional.   Never goes near it , covered in bird lime .

And the neighbour opposite who had an outside light fitted..... that never goes out !!  Whats that about ?

Well we Irishmen must stick together so starting in the key of G ....

I close my eyes & picture , the emerald of the sea

From the fishing boats at adingle to the shores of Dunadee

I miss the River Shannon & the floks at Skibbereen

the moorlands & the meadows with their forty shades of green. :innocent
And if there's is going to be a life hereafter,
And somehow I am sure there's going to be,
I will ask my God to let me make my heaven,
In that dear land across the Irish sea.    :Salute

I hate the fairies that live in our house! we have the kettle fairy, it mysteriously fills the kettle so that the wife(the only one who uses it) never has to fill it. and we have the tidy up fairies, these little buggers cost me a fortune, hardly a week goes by without me buying something I've run out of (usually Stanley knife blades or wd40) it disappears more or less as soon as it enters the house, only to turn up en masse several weeks later! At the last count I think I had about 400 blades and about 5 cans of WD40, then it disappeared again. the only safe place is to put things in my car, god only knows what the police would think if they stopped me and searched it.

I love this one, always reminds me of a dear friend, she was only 40 when she died, her husband was working nights and she'd been out with me that night, shortly after he arrived home she died of a massive heart attack, had an unknown problem apparently. I take great comfort knowing her last night was spent laughing with me as I was one of her closest friends.

That'd be the Isle of Man then,? ;)

Otherwise could be an Englishman in Dublin singing,,,,, :C