Things I do not like or am not particularly fond of

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you forget  the younger brigade of electricians who wear the full monty Tradesman's gear .

NIC hat 

NIC shirt

NIC work trousers

NIC knee pads

NIC gloves

NIC tool belt

NIC sweatshirt

NIC Logo jacket

NIC totebag thingy

NIC Toetectors

NIC underpants

Pin ups of EC in van

People who go on about being more tolerant are a big one for me, Tolerant, I haven't hit anyone since I came out of therapy a few months ago so I must be getting more tolerant. I just think that when you get older you realise there are far more idiots around, I don't think there are more, just that you notice them more.

There's a guy over the road form me who's always bitching about other people yet he's doing up a track car and sees nothing wrong with his constant hammering and grinding. He spent ages last week trying to drill 2 holes in a thick piece of metal, the drill bit he was using was completely blunt, but he carried on, half an hour of his bloody drilling was most annoying.

Another pet hate is young coppers who refer to you as "son", honestly, I've got kids of my own who are older than most of them. 

As above on the above lists with the addition of these.

People who drop litter

Dog owners who don't pick up their dog mess.

Dog owners who pick up their dog mess and then hang the bag on a tree branch, Gives the rest of us dog owners a bad name.

The amount of ethanol going into petrol now.

Estate agent based TV progs

jonathon Wossss G1 W⚓S apprentice

mike Brewer the Dwarf goby southern car diddler

geraniums

dirty sinks

pots piled up waiting to go in dishwasher when it is empty and wife cannot be arsed doing it

kia Sedona cooling system

over use/incorrect use of the following words...

journey

of

technician

engineer

whatever

literally,....it literally makes my blood boil and head explode

you knowll

"thats what I'm talking about".......yes it is TW@ as the words have  just dribbled from your mouth

'and I said, then he said, then I said.......' 

people with delusions of their own adequacy

Time taken for cheques to clear

my **** for brains, thicker than mince, dog breeding, caravan owning, effected sneezing and yawning, foghorn-leghorn voiced, nosey, cretinous neighbours

Brucie

failing Democracy  where the majority vote does not count and the minority blub because they lost and want to keep re-voting until they win. You lost, you may not like it, suck it up and grow a pair

Diane Abbott

hypocrits 

wortless Degrees

red light jumpers

Xmas jumpers

Adi ****take mushroom pate

loft insulation

lofts in general

customers who think THEIR emergency is instantly cured when it becomes MY problem

putting wrong bending spring in plastic conduit

not being able to find correct bending spring

deciding to carry on with wrong bending spring

cutting/slitting plastic conduit with Fein to remove said spring

ceiling tiles.....what are they made of other than Hope, Dust and tears

knowing where that "rarer than a straight 70s TV Celeb" part is and not being able to find it

bootlaces snapping

Brucie

having to tune in to Mexican weather forecasts online....should be available here

Lidl bog paper, wife got some and its thinner than Trumps promises....Not seen Hilary in Jail yet

cheap,ice cream

David from talk Talk.........Congo Branch

probably a couple more minor niggles later on

orange pinny wearing advice givers ...have I ever told you about their ...................W"⚓S

iterally,....it literally makes my blood boil and head explode

you knowll

"thats what I'm talking about".......yes it is TW@ as the words have  just dribbled from your mouth

'and I said, then he said, then I said.......' 
I agree , I literally said this to my mate , you know , and he said , I agree too , you know , and I said yes it literally does my 'ed in like , and then he was , like agreeing with that too , literally , you know ?. :innocent

Reminds me of a Brummie saying which will also annoy you....  " So she turned round and said ....and he turned round and said no I just asked your Mum and she turned round and said I just asked your Dad and he's turned round  and said yes.   "  

Always get the image of people spinning around .

Missing tools, even if they are only missing for 5 seconds. 

When womens clothing only comes in small, medium and large and large is a size 12.

Having to really careful in some places in case someone's left their hypodermic needles around. 

How easily I bruise. 

People who don't like dogs. 

"We've got a woman on site, guess we're alright for teas then." I'll take mine white with no sugar then, t**t. (In fairness, never said by the guys I work with, just by people on sites that I go to.)

Unreliable bluetooth connections. 

Being ankle deep in water and realising there's a hole in my boot. 

Pineapple sneaking up on me. 

Hangovers. 

Religions. 

Swedish cider. 

"This isn't really a job for girls though...". (Generally said by the same t**t who makes the tea comment). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing tools, even if they are only missing for 5 seconds. 
Yes. Even worse when you find that your missing Allen keys are actually in your left hand and your blaming the apprentice for losing them. (Me this week)

When womens clothing only comes in small, medium and large and large 
TBH I'm the opposite I have to order my snickers gear online because I can't buy it small enough. 28" leg 30" waist is not xtra small.

Pineapple sneaking up on me
Haven't a baldy's what this is about.

"We've got a woman on site, guess we're alright for teas then." I'll take mine white with no sugar then, t**t. (In fairness, never said by the guys I work with, just by people on sites that I go to.)
Ruddy hell !!  Its 2017 now  FFS  ....some blokes really are t**ts   ...really get on my t*ts  (If I had some) .  

I think that during   World War 2  men were heard to say stuff like...  "  Women driving  buses & ambulances ...good grief !!  What next !!

And something that shocked me some years back  .  My aunt was telling me some tale or other and said when she got married her boss  ( At a bicycle manufacturers)  asked her to keep it secret as he didn't want to lose her .  

I didn't understand this at the time .

Apparently they wouldn't employ married momen as they would be taking a job from a man . 

TBH I'm the opposite I have to order my snickers gear online because I can't buy it small enough. 28" leg 30" waist is not xtra small.

I went into Arco and asked about some Snickers trousers while I was there. The girl behind the counter got everyone from the office to come out and look at the guy in the trousers so long that they don't carry them and can't order them in that long.

I went into Arco and asked about some Snickers trousers while I was there. The girl behind the counter got everyone from the office to come out and look at the guy in the trousers so long that they don't carry them and can't order them in that long.
Arco are useless. Everyone else can get their gear of Arco but they're too big for me.

I don't like pineapple either so I understand it 😀

I have a long-standing disagreement with pineapple, but I have now come to a point where I will accept that it's in my food if I'm given sufficient warning so that I can mentally prepare myself. Nothing worse than quietly enjoying my lunch and suddenly there's pineapple in my mouth like "SURPRISE! I bet you weren't expecting me!".