Things I do not like or am not particularly fond of

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ruddy hell !!  Its 2017 now  FFS  ....some blokes really are t**ts   ...really get on my t*ts  (If I had some) .  

I think that during   World War 2  men were heard to say stuff like...  "  Women driving  buses & ambulances ...good grief !!  What next !!

And something that shocked me some years back  .  My aunt was telling me some tale or other and said when she got married her boss  ( At a bicycle manufacturers)  asked her to keep it secret as he didn't want to lose her .  

I didn't understand this at the time .

Apparently they wouldn't employ married momen as they would be taking a job from a man . 

It would be nice if I could say that it doesn't happen very often, but the last time it happened was friday. As an interesting observation, it only ever happens before they have watched me do live work, never after. Strange. 

make your own lunch?
I do now, but 12 years of school and college where lunch was provided (no one brings their own lunch in sweden) has taught me to be very wary of what can hide inside an innocent looking salad. 

Salad is not good for you.......when food goes off it turns green, when it has REALLY gone bad the green turns to,red

salads are mainly red and green...just saying

have a look at 'The Chawnors' on You Tube....she cannot understand why she does not lose weight as she is always eating salad

problem is that it is Full Syrup tinned Fruit Salad 🥗 

So a new word enters the language ......pineapplephobia .

So ,when  Sweden invades us we chuck pineapples at them to drive them back to the sea.

We heard you the first time Kerch. :innocent

So a new word enters the language ......pineapplephobia .

So ,when  Sweden invades us we chuck pineapples at them to drive them back to the sea.
Shame you weren't around to tell your ancestors that when the vikings arrived. :p  

I vote for calling it ananasphobia though, because ananas means pineapple in pretty much any language apart from english. 

There's a really old pub down the road from me called The Pineapple. Apparently it's so old it's in the Doomsday book and the name doesn't actually refer to pineapples as we know them, but pine cones. Apples of the pine. And that was today's useless fact from the swede. 

Are we sure that this is not something to do with the vegetable swear filter?...

I have no idea.

Fennel

courgette

tango'd

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame you weren't around to tell your ancestors that when the vikings arrived. :p  
My surname actually dates back to when the Vikings landed in Ireland. In Irish it literally means black foreigner. Of course Celtic Ireland didn't know what an African black was so they think it was a term to refer to their Armour which was black. So they were referred to as black foreigners.

So you're Swedish too then Rapparound  ?      Ruddy Vikings ,  they come here , paping & rilliging , taking over the power supply network , calling  pineapples ananas,   changing the local pub to ....The Ananas ...... never had this trouble with the Danes ....Oh ..forgot  they invaded us too ...never had this trouble with Germans  ...ah  praps not ....never had this trouble with the French .....Oh yes bloomin' William the tangoed Conquerer.....  never had this trouble with the Spanish ... oooh Armada  , right ...erm    ..........Ahhhh!  Norwegians , now theres a friendly country   , I think they even like us which makes a change , send a Christmas Tree every year for Trafalgar Square    ....yes  ,....more than the Swedes do ...no Christmas Tree from them ....yes I think we know who our friends are in this world  , lets see   Norway and er...um... The Falklands  there you go . 

My surname actually dates back to when the Vikings landed in Ireland.
What !!!    MacGinty  is NOT a Viking name  ...come on now !!   

Where the Irish not the first to sail the Atlantic to America or Newfoundland  ,  was it a monk  or priest or someone ?  Now I bet they'd be Vikings . 

What !!!    MacGinty  is NOT a Viking name  ...come on now !!   

Where the Irish not the first to sail the Atlantic to America or Newfoundland  ,  was it a monk  or priest or someone ?  Now I bet they'd be Vikings . 
The Vikings led by Leif Ericsson discovered America 500 years before Columbus. The Irish led by St Brendan the Navigator discovered America 500 years before that again.

St Brendan the Navigator
Thats the guy !!!        Is'nt it amazing how the western education system settles on the fact that Columbus discovered America and thats what we will brainwash our children with , totally ignoring the Native Americans ( or  Red Indians) who were already living there.    How the hell did  St Brendan and the Vikings know there was something there  or did they think they were heading for India  in the opposite direction ?

Was it that ancient map of the world , the accuracy of which is amazing .   

I hate salad, we have sharp teeth so we can eat meat, at least I did until I pulled most of them out, lol. Anyway I was in this place trying to get something to eat that didn't involve the dreaded green stuff, after repeatedly telling this young lady that I DIDN'T want anything non meat anywhere near my food, she asked me again, to which I replied, "look love, just because I go at it like a rabbit doesn't mean I have to eat like one", it was never mentioned again.

Thats the guy !!!        Is'nt it amazing how the western education system settles on the fact that Columbus discovered America and thats what we will brainwash our children with , totally ignoring the Native Americans ( or  Red Indians) who were already living there.    How the hell did  St Brendan and the Vikings know there was something there  or did they think they were heading for India  in the opposite direction ?

Was it that ancient map of the world , the accuracy of which is amazing .   

As far as I remember from my school days, the vikings went to Iceland, then Greenland and then the next stop was Newfoundland. But I had no idea about St Brendan. 

I wonder if they teach history from the Native Americans point of view in the US and Canada. "One day a ship arrived and this matey came along and said: congratulations, you've been discovered."? :D  

Anann is the Irish word for pineapple. Well done @misssweden. I'll go with you on that one.  

Yay! I was nearly right. :)  was in dublin last weekend for the first time and tried to work out what it said on all the signs. I didn't have much luck...

As far as I remember from my school days, the vikings went to Iceland, then Greenland and then the next stop was Newfoundland. But I had no idea about St Brendan. 

I wonder if they teach history from the Native Americans point of view in the US and Canada. "One day a ship arrived and this matey came along and said: congratulations, you've been discovered."? :D  

Yay! I was nearly right. :)  was in dublin last weekend for the first time and tried to work out what it said on all the signs. I didn't have much luck...

you gettin lashed in temple Bar?   Guinness

"One day a ship arrived and this matey came along and said: congratulations, you've been discovered."? :D  

It should have been more like ..."  Sorry guys , you're era is finished , we're taking over , start packing your wigwams and look forward to living on a reservation , 'cos we are the guys with the barking sticks of thunder that your mate Hiawatha spoke of on the shores of Gitche Gumee,  by the shining big sea water "

havent they done some studies and found loads of Irish and Scots dna on Iceland,?

they reckon they were took there by the vikings,

reminds me,

I need to do this stuff about the Southern Isles for SSS  :D