Where to put a fire alarm panel

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
Its a new commercial unit , I'm I right in thinking the fire panel has to be near a exit so fire man can see it ? Would it be a big no no to put it anywhere else ?

Cheers

Its a new commercial unit , I'm I right in thinking the fire panel has to be near a exit so fire man can see it ? Would it be a big no no to put it anywhere else ? Cheers
On the site I work the fire panel is in the main entrance of each building so that the site Fire and Rescue doesn't have to go into the centre of the building to find out where it the fire is should it be a real fire.

Where were you going to locate it otherwise?

The fire panel could be located away from the main entrance if you were to fit a repeater panel by the main entrance.

Benefit of this being the repeater is just another device on the loop so can be wired in easily and you can locate your panel in a more central location to help avoid potentially ridiculous runs back to the panel

There should be a visible means of identification of the location of a fire as close to any entrance likely to be used by fire fighting teams. In practice, this is usually the main entrance.

As others have said, if you want to tuck the main control panel away, fit a repeater in the entrance lobby. You can obtain repeater panels for many conventional systems and almost all analogue systems.

Latest posts