17th edition 18 way boards

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertarathoon

Reaction score
does anybody know of somebody who makes 17th edition (dual rcd) consumer units which have 18 outgoing ways in which the consumer unit is not double stacked?

thanks rob

I would be surprised if any manufacturer makes a dual RCD board with that many ways. You lose 6 ways with the two RCD'S and main switch so you would need a 24 way board.

batty

does anybody know of somebody who makes 17th edition (dual rcd) consumer units which have 18 outgoing ways in which the consumer unit is not double stacked?thanks rob
You could fit 2 boards perhaps..

:D

(I'll get my coat)

and ext15 could pay for it :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

(ill also get me coat) :_| ]:)

OP wanted to know if it was possible to have them all in the same board instead of two boards. :|

But you knew that didn't you?!

:D

cheers for all replies have solved problem by getting a 16 way contactum split load consumer unit and removing one of the rcd's using one 80A rcd to protect sockets and cooker etc and making up lighting circuits with rcbo's gaining me two extra ways.

need a consumer unit this big to supply workshop sockets massive computer facilities and quite a big house which the customer has, he always wants extra sockets seems money is no problem (he's a surgeon) only went there to add one light for him.

thanks for all replies rob