Carpel Tunnel.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluejusty1

Reaction score
Evening guys, I have the unfortunate scenario where I have carpel tunnel. Has anyone else had this crippling pain. How do you manage it? I have been booked in to have surgery. Not happy about it but can't see any other alternative.

I have it, and it is a nuisance, and painful, and robs me of sleep.

My GP has suggested some other options for me, but, I have not tried them.

I just need to re-direct the business, to limit my manual labour, and exposure to vibrating euipment.

My wife has had both her wrists done and beside the initial pain she is fine now. It does not totally resolve it though, but the pain is reduced.

My mums had her hands operated on about ten years ago and still gets trouble now and then.

Was up a&e last week when pulled my back and have got sciattica.... never felt pain like this before ffs in agony constant n the bag of painkillers aint getting near the pain. Any experiences or advice?

Had the same few weeks back. Couldn't walk for a week! Found that pain killers were a bit useless, spent most of my time lying on the floor which really helped. Also found that stretches were incredibly painful but really helped I also used some biofreeze gel which was great.

:)

My mums had her hands operated on about ten years ago and still gets trouble now and then.

Was up a&e last week when pulled my back and have got sciattica.... never felt pain like this before ffs in agony constant n the bag of painkillers aint getting near the pain. Any experiences or advice?
Sciatica..........probably best to start a new thread based on my experience of it! So I have........... :lol:

Okay Carpel Tunnel.

Long suspected I may suffer from it, but never been to the doctor as it's never been bad.

If I do a LOT of manual work, particularly manual digging, for a long period (several days continuous) then I'm kept awake at night by my hands / fingers aching, and first thing in the morning for a while my fingers are a bit numb.

But this only happens after intensive work, and clears within a few days of finishing that intensive work, so has been a mere curiosity, rather than a problem.

So I'm still wondering what that is, and if it is Carpel Tunnel or not?

Dave, the best thing to do is get it checked out. Remember everyone's symptoms are different. If nothing is done in the early stages there is a risk that your fingers will lock up, and thats not a good thing.

My wife had numbness in her fingers, to total numbness of her complete arm during the late hours of the day.

She had some tests done, I think it is called nerve induction tests. Give your GP a call and get it checked out.

I have actually opted for the surgery, and it helped relieve the issue but that is not saying a whole lot. Apparently, unless I change my routine, I am still going to develop it again later on (or so may physician told me) if I keep with the same repetitive motions. What have you tried so far? 

Okay Carpel Tunnel.

Long suspected I may suffer from it, but never been to the doctor as it's never been bad.

If I do a LOT of manual work, particularly manual digging, for a long period (several days continuous) then I'm kept awake at night by my hands / fingers aching, and first thing in the morning for a while my fingers are a bit numb.

But this only happens after intensive work, and clears within a few days of finishing that intensive work, so has been a mere curiosity, rather than a problem.

So I'm still wondering what that is, and if it is Carpel Tunnel or not?

I get something similar and had assumed it was just overworking the muscles etc in my hands.

I had guessed, rightly or wrongly, that the numbness was due to inflammation, tightness of the muscles.

It's not fun though. Two hands to pick up a cup of coffee in the morning.

I do find that soaking my paws in warm water in the morning helps a bit.

Latest posts