Decent PIR Floodlight

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apache

Cow Fiddler ™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaps

Anyone recommend me a decent PIR operated floodlight to go on my shed?

Looking for something in 150W.

Are the low energy floodlight worth looking at?

Sick of the

went in CEF today, never ever ever go in there. they had a motorized floodlight that followed you around and i think it had a camera in it as well!!!!!!!!!!

Bloke said around

was it a camera in it? it had a screen of some sort displayed next to it so thought they went together, would be good if i can be linked to your tv.

l the look of it, but just dont really trust much from CEF, my least favorite wholesalers.

Like Andy I normally just ask for a "decent" halogen (in CEF as it happens, our local branch is good!), trouble is I can't remember the brand either.

The SF one you've link to looks OK.

My preference is always for seperate PIR and Luminaire - probably utter carp but I think you get better quality that way, and you don't have to compromise on the position of the light/PIR - there I've justified my prejudice, happy days!

Guiness Drink

was it a camera in it? it had a screen of some sort displayed next to it so thought they went together, would be good if i can be linked to your tv. l the look of it, but just dont really trust much from CEF, my least favorite wholesalers.
yes did have a camera in it! The demo one didn't work! Says it all

Like Andy I normally just ask for a "decent" halogen (in CEF as it happens, our local branch is good!), trouble is I can't remember the brand either.The SF one you've link to looks OK.

My preference is always for seperate PIR and Luminaire - probably utter carp but I think you get better quality that way, and you don't have to compromise on the position of the light/PIR - there I've justified my prejudice, happy days!

Guiness Drink
separates would be ok with me :)

Is IP44 really suitable to live exposed outdoors? Can you get them with higher ratings?

Smiths/timeguard for me have a three year guarantee and generally only get the odd duff one which is very rare. I will not install steinal as they are three times the price and I don't think you can warrant that cost for an outside light.

Batty

Timeguard are def better quality than most of the PIR halogens out there.

But for top quality i would def go for Steinel, top rated fitting will last for years, but you will pay a premuim for it.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator: