Hello to our New Members...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys im Streetlighters Missus hence the Name Mrs Streetlighter

i figured its better me having my own profile then keep hijacking his!

Hi to all

s** sitting in a room watching from the outskirts id be front and centre of it all

Hello All,

Welcome to the forum. :D

Hi everyone, I am Mick and new to the site. I started life as an electrician with an apprenticeship with the YEB in 1979 and Qualified after a 4 year apprenticeship & continued to work for them for 15 years. I then went self employed for 2 years and eventually decided a career change was needed.

I have since decided to return to my original trade as i am really not enjoying my current job.

As i have been out of the game for some years what qualifications will i need to obtain and where from?

I currently commute between Sheffield & Immingham?

Hello,

I am looking to run armoured cable to a couple of sheds in my back garden. I thought this would be a good place to take advise on how to achieve this in a safe and professional manner.

Many thanks

NeilG

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was made at 13:49 ----------

Oh and if anyone has the link to the forum dealing with this specific issue would be appreciated.

Many thanks

NeilG

Alex here. Sparks since '96, just returned to UK after living and sparking in Europe from 03 to 11. Sitting the 17th update in two weeks time. Alot has changed around these parts... but much is more like continental installs anyway. Except UK has rings mains - I havent installed a ring for 8 years!

Hello everyone, I'm just starting out on the long, long road to becoming an electrician, and bodly go where you lot have been before.

hi newbie , just completed my electrical exams now need to buy the tools to do the job.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:46 ----------

starting out is there a preferred scheme to belong to.

hi newbie , just completed my electrical exams now need to buy the tools to do the job.---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:46 ----------

starting out is there a preferred scheme to belong to.
Elecsa seem to be popular, and are the one's I'm going with.

Hi all,

Maybe i do need my head testing, but i need to change career (after too many years in retail!) & want to become an electrician...

Any reccommendations about how / where to train (Near York, North Yorks.) whilst still in current job would be great.

Any constructive help & advice will always be appreciated

- Thanks, Phil.

Struggling for work at the moment in cheshire. Like the stickys on here for info, very good. In the NICEIC, Domestic installer, but just read about the goodies Elecsa give and the price difference so i think on remewal it,s time for a change :)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:10 ----------

Has anybody found the best place to buy the new megger 1730.

Hi I'm new to the forum, I'm a maintenance and installation spark working in glasgow

I trained as an electrician many moons ago but the company I worked for went bust and I left the industry. I am too old to start again but have joined the forum hoping to learn about the changes that have come about in the couple of decades purely for my own interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.