How did you vote?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you vote?

• Remain

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Leave

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Nothing

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Please remember that a family has recently lost a member who was a politician, so let's make sure that we do not tar all of them with the same brush, please.

I don't see how the connection with being a politician makes much difference,

Let's make it clear that for a very long time the labour party has supported terrorism in general in Ireland/Northern Ireland, even to the extent their present leader courted known terrorists in the house if commons,

What about all the 'normal' hard working people who have had family shot and murdered due to various parties politics,? This not only includes the UK gov, but also EU law and the USA who up until very recently refused to proscribe certain organisations in Eire/NI and allowed them to fund raise and openly buy arms in their country. 

That, is a whole lot more important than one person that happened to make the headlines by being a member if a terrorist supporting political party. 

Yes, if you feel this is wrong, ask the leader of the labour party if he has entertained terrorists in the Commons or not.

Steps,

My point being is that I hope that as a society we have moved on from that now.

I'm not saying that anything that you have posted is wrong, I don't have any information either way.

However, as you have said yourself IIRC not everyone is the same.

So, I would ask you to respect the family of the recently deceased lady MP, as I doubt that she had anything to do with the things that you specifically mention.

So, please, just leave it there.

I realise that life is not that simple, but, I am asking you to just, please let it lie for now, as an individual, I very much doubt that she was guilty of any "crimes" apart from being a politician.

Which unfortunately is not a crime per se.

I don't see how the connection with being a politician makes much difference,

Let's make it clear that for a very long time the labour party has supported terrorism in general in Ireland/Northern Ireland, even to the extent their present leader courted known terrorists in the house if commons,

What about all the 'normal' hard working people who have had family shot and murdered due to various parties politics,? This not only includes the UK gov, but also EU law and the USA who up until very recently refused to proscribe certain organisations in Eire/NI and allowed them to fund raise and openly buy arms in their country. 

That, is a whole lot more important than one person that happened to make the headlines by being a member if a terrorist supporting political party. 

Yes, if you feel this is wrong, ask the leader of the labour party if he has entertained terrorists in the Commons or not.

The problem is, to a large extent that the people of mainland UK have never witnessed first hand the deceptive acts perpetrated upon the people of NI.I can imagine local law abiding citizens in NI reeling every time that the murderous Sinn Fein go on TV and speak of peace.

It is an insult to them, and to the UK government. As a UK citizen I would like to apologise to the people of NI.

The problem is, to a large extent that the people of mainland UK have never witnessed first hand the deceptive acts perpetrated upon the people of NI.I can imagine local law abiding citizens in NI reeling every time that the murderous Sinn Fein go on TV and speak of peace.

It is an insult to them, and to the UK government. As a UK citizen I would like to apologise to the people of NI.

to avoid being one sided,

it is not just sinn fein,

maybe the major player, but not the sole one,

anyhow,

I'm bowing out of this thread now,

:Salute

Last time I checked the people of NI were UK citizens too. 

I am sorry Manator but that last sentence is ridiculous. 

does it not take more then one side to talk peace?

and if you don't talk to elected (by the people) representatives then who do you talk to?

and the are a lot more the one terrorist group in NI ,and they all buy arms from anyone that will sell to them,   

I think that both sides thought that the vote was going to be to stay part of Europe and now its a leave vote they are lost as no one has a plan "B"

Well. I voted out. 52/48 result which is a majority but I can't believe all the garbage about it on social media, mainly from young people about it being unfair and how we have stolen their future.

I was on my way to S Wales early friday and we stopped in Wetherspoons in Aberystwyth for breakfast. When asked what I wanted I couldnt help but ask for 'The Full Brexit' lady behind counter not impressed at all and threw a little wobbly over it. 

I'm confused, I thought Wetherspoons was all for Brexit.

The European Communities Act of 1972 is what should be used, not Article 50. A50 allows the EU some cushion room to control us, the ECA1972 does not.

I voted out, but I get this feeling that we are being stitched up by the Leave campaign, which is Boris and Gove, who was also the Electroal Comissions preferred voice of the Out side of the referendum. Farage led the Go campaign.

Andy Guinness

Hi Essex.. Do you think??? How can you be so sure?? An act of parliament is required and i gather a whole bunch of mp's are going to vote against it. [mp's voting to leave europe [where they see their future] is like turkeys voting for christmas]

[Hope you are right by the way...]

john...

Personally I think MPs that constituents voted to leave will also vote to leave.  MPs who's constituents voted to stay will vote to stay.  This will mean a majority 'Out' vote in the HoP will happen.  If any MP voted the opposite way to the way the people who voted for them will not be an MP at the next GE.  

Remember a referendum is not a legally binding result for Parliament.

I just hope that our vote will make politicians all over the world realise that they need to understand that they are the elected representatives of the people.

Somehow I doubt it though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any government that would ignore the will of the people through a referendum is unthinkable and would never happen.  It would be political suicide.

Well that's western democracy! The people speak and the politicians still ignore!! And we're bombing the rest of the world to give them our democracy, can't wait to see this world in another 40 yrs.