My New Website

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gram1980

Reaction score
Hi fellas

Just decided to go on my own and have just launched my new website, take a look and let me know what you reckon

Cheers Gram

17:58 Not loading M8 using Chrome or FF, will try again later

PS Has now on Chrome, nice and simple, no clutter works for me, you might want to add one of those anti-bot/spider to the contact page (e.g. you have to type in a sequence of letters) just stop you email ending up on a SPAM list

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not loading at all for me mate - I am using Windoze XP.

* EDIT* It has loaded now.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:08 ----------

Looks good to me mate - Are you a member of a Scheme provider?

Cheers for the comments fellas

you might want to add one of those anti-bot/spider to the contact page

Will look into this

Are you a member of a Scheme provider?

Application to NAPIT going thru now, logos ready to go on site when i pass my assessment :)

might be worth putting some blue tape around the grey incommer in the cu picture

Since you asked, the grammer is not correct as you seem to flip from being a one band to a company, You need to decide which. Page 1, i would change reliable 'electrician' services to electrical.

Page 3, electricity spelt wrong and Swansea bay 'is' should be are.

maybe its just me being pedantic, but along with the non compliant grey not sleeved blue,

why do people using a hi integrity board not leave any spaces between the main switch and first RCD?

and the wrong neutral bars are being used.

or are we aiming for the fabled triple RCD board?

Im also a bit baffled by the banjo on a plastic enclosure,,,,,,, plastic compression anyone? (I dont know the posh phrase for it! [polymer creep?] )

maybe its just me being pedantic, but along with the non compliant grey not sleeved blue,why do people using a hi integrity board not leave any spaces between the main switch and first RCD?

Im also a bit baffled by the banjo on a plastic enclosure,,,,,,, plastic compression anyone? (I dont know the posh phrase for it! [polymer creep?] )
My view is because they dont understand why a 'high integrity' ( who makes up these names !!!, i mean what the hell is a 'consumer unit' (rant over)) board is used.

Since that particular photo looks like its of a complete rewire or a new build it should have smoke detectors. If that's the case the smokes should not be connected to the same Rcd as socket outlets. I also wire a separate circuit for fridges & freezers through a RCBO. We have only ever fitted 2 split boards, because the builder supplied them. We always fit RCBO's to all necessary circuits

I had noticed the banjo on the plastic enclosure. Once again i think its the lack of apprenticeships and training, that we oldies were taught never to clamp against plastic as it will compress over time. If i have to terminate like that i fit an extra locknut so there is one either side of the banjo. The fairly new Piranha nuts make the job easier.

maybe its just me being pedantic, but along with the non compliant grey not sleeved blue,why do people using a hi integrity board not leave any spaces between the main switch and first RCD?

Following on from that comment, there are not enough neutral terminations for the spare breakers & ways on each RCD as the board was designed for a few non/rcbo protected ways & has been wrongly terminated.

Pretty much sums it up Steps, I had not looked at the board in detail.Not sure about terminating the black at the banjo either.
Should have taken black conductor straight to earth bar to ensure long term earth continuity, however very neat inside bar but why no busbar cover?

BTW not trying to pick faults as it is always easy to pick flies on others work and its obvious you like to take pride in your work :)