OK, who's nicked them??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dbicket et al ,

if you are going to tell me they are great, best tell me what make they are that are so good!!! ;)

otherwise I'll be in poundland tomorrow and being cross with you by tomorrow night!!!

Those are tools that have never had the benefit of being 'leathered' in desperation..............cleaned my toolbox out the other day; today, left it open on site and the joiner managed to fill it with sawdust. He was using a compressor and air-finishing nailer. I used the compressor to blow out the carp. Oh, how I wish I hadn't.................... :coat

I have (had) a set of 160mm knipex side cutters that I only use when doing alarm systems. Got one to do tomorrow and the 160's aren't in my tool box. Not done one for a good while so they could have gone at any time in last 6 months really. Gutted...Not going to be fun trying to strip 6-core alarm cable with my usual cable shears headbang
Sorry you lost some tools but you should not be using anything like that to strip alarm cable. Nick the end of the cable and pull down on the cord to strip.

Re slip. Yea i see what you are saying but you can use them to remove outer sheeth of cable further down then grab the draw cord to measured length required. Slightly easier on the nails. :)

Dirtier now!
Is it now full of cowsh hit? lol

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 06:45 ---------- Previous post was made at 06:39 ----------

Sorry you lost some tools but you should not be using anything like that to strip alarm cable. Nick the end of the cable and pull down on the cord to strip.
That's exactly what I do. Pince and pull off couple of inches of outer (with snips). Pull rip cord to desired length and trim the rip and outer (With snips). THEN, and this is the bit I'm gonna miss, I can strip all 6 cores at once (WITH SNIPS). I was an alarm engineer for 6 years so kinda got my routine.

Using ck/unistripper tool -

1 You cant get tight up to pcb in panel, guess I can get round this by pushing slack back.

2 You cant strip all cores at once.

Know the feeling lost my choppers last week which I got when I irate started my apprentership it's annoying as they had a chunk out of then which was perfect for stripping t and e

Mine when new and shiny
IMG00062-20100514-1814.jpg
OMG!!! Must be the cleanest toolbox in the world !!! :Salute

OMG!!! Must be the cleanest toolbox in the world !!! :Salute
.....ever.

Get the CK ones steps. I have a few pairs and they are great.

Re steptoe.. Yea I think so. Great for stripping upto 2.5 flex ,8 core alarm cable , telephone cable, singles and cat 5/6. Never tryed it on the double insulated solar pv cable now that I think about it( will try tomorrow).Great in your toolbox if your doing a repetitive job , flexing lights etc.
They work perfectly on them, although i must admit since using the weidmuller strippers linked by sidewinder i must say they are much better but alittle expensive so i shall continue on with my CK Auto Strippers

I shall have a look tommorrow. never tried tbh only used them on singles and DI DC cables

Used my uni's on 1.5mm twin. If it's good quality, then they work fine. If it's 'sticky' then no chance. And with the amount of rubbish cable about these days, not worth getting into the habit...

Depends on the beer co efficient and the resistance this may cause in memory circuits lol