PIR in series

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vad25

Reaction score
Hello all.

Has anybody installed more than 2 PIR sensors in series how advised in manual. Any problems with them?

Thank you.

Thank you NozSpark.

So if I'll connect say 4 PIRs to one zone I won't have any problems.

And do you mean tamper and alarm wiring in parallel same as power?

Alarm is Texecom Veritas Excel.

Thank you again

AH, you're on about security alarm PIRs,,,, I should read the forum section first:coat

Right,, wire the 12V in parallel and the tamper and zone in series.

I've done it before, but it is better practice to wire each PIR back as it's own zone so that you can identify the activated PIR

If you get the latching variety and wire them in series using 7 core and connect the 7th core to the appropriate terminal in the panel [think it has latch on it, but it is in the manual...or call texecom] then when a detector activates on 'set' the red led will stay illuminated [like a smoke detector] until panel is reset... :coat

iirc, security alarm regs require sensors to stay lit or something to identify which one activated if there is more than 1 sensor per circuit. but if its just a domestic alarm it doesnt really make much difference. and if its a commercial alarm thats going to be monitored or anything then you wouldnt even be asking this