sds drill - buy or not to buy....???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That what i've bought. Was between this one and the new dewalt which screwfix also sell. Went for the Bosch as you get a 3 year warranty with it.

Seen it cheaper than that though i'll find a link for you

my opinion is mate. for corded things I try to buy second hand off ebay. I got my dewalt sds for 23quid of ebay. Been fine so far (2years). For cordless tools I find its better to buy new.

But if you want a new corded drill then go for it. I've used the cordless versions of these and they are very good, so I assume the corded will be of similar build quality.

i think it does have reverse as in the instructions it states 'Right / Left rotation' for the DRE series which this is...

I've got this machine. It's very good and good value at that price IMO.

Make sure you register it with Bosch to get the 3 year warranty - if you don't you only get one year. Mine had a problem with the gearbox shaft after 18 months, but it only cost me

how do u find it when chasing walls, does it do it with ease (i know all walls differ)? does the low weight of the drill have any effects when chasing....

i also got a silverline pro spec (orange colour) sds with chisel drill for

how do u find it when chasing walls, does it do it with ease (i know all walls differ)? does the low weight of the drill have any effects when chasing....
Looking around, its the only sds drill that has 3 joules of chiseling force so is good at chasing. Most others are only about 2.7.

This is the drill we use at work. We used to use stupidly large Bosch sds, but when some punter nicked it the boss downsized as these were cheaper. It's easy to handle and will chase walls. Haven't killed it yet. Only criticism is that it doeasn't have the interchangeable chuck between sds and normal drill bits, but I use an adapter instead and that works fine.