Ups

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UTTERLY PHACKING SHYTE

ordered some stuff from Kerch's corner shop last week,

I usually get a delivery a couple of days later, nothing on Tuesday so checked tracking,

DELIVERED .

no, Ive not got it, rang them, delivered to wrong address, they will collect and deliver to me on wednesday,

no delivery, say they will delivery on Thursday,

no delivery,

say they will deliver on Friday,

I call them on Friday,

driver been back to wrong address [a business premises, I know, They told me the address] ,

surprise, the adress says they dont have the package, it wasnt delivered to them, so now my package is lost,

£200 worth, I have now had to re-order and pay for it again whilst an investigation takes place before I can have a refund, 

talk about mightly pissed off!!!"!!   X(   headbang  

Sounds about normal for most couriers. I had pretty much the exact same saga with APC this week.

UPS seem to be getting worse lately. previously they were very reliable and predictable.

2nd last delivery got delivered to a wrong address. they dropped it off at a business half a mile away (who also had a delivery from UPS from CPC). luckily they were a customer of mine so phoned me. last delivery took less than 12 hours to get from CPC to birmingham then to gateshead (probably about 300 miles)... then 2 days to get the last 10 miles to me

UTTERLY PHACKING SHYTE

ordered some stuff from Kerch's corner shop last week,

I usually get a delivery a couple of days later, nothing on Tuesday so checked tracking,

DELIVERED .

no, Ive not got it, rang them, delivered to wrong address, they will collect and deliver to me on wednesday,

no delivery, say they will delivery on Thursday,

no delivery,

say they will deliver on Friday,

I call them on Friday,

driver been back to wrong address [a business premises, I know, They told me the address] ,

surprise, the adress says they dont have the package, it wasnt delivered to them, so now my package is lost,

£200 worth, I have now had to re-order and pay for it again whilst an investigation takes place before I can have a refund, 

talk about mightly pissed off!!!"!!   X(   headbang
Steps, you don't have to wait, i assume you paid by credit card so just contact the card supplier and request a charge back.

You have not been supplied with the goods and they will take this up for you.

Sounds about normal for most couriers. I had pretty much the exact same saga with APC this week.
We use APC and they are usually pretty good and we can at least speak to a human when we have an issue.

I keep finding xmas presents in the garden! :(
We do not allow our carriers to leave any parcel without a signature, to many customers who have clearly received the parcel putting in spurious claims.

UPS seem to be getting worse lately. previously they were very reliable and predictable.

2nd last delivery got delivered to a wrong address. they dropped it off at a business half a mile away (who also had a delivery from UPS from CPC). luckily they were a customer of mine so phoned me. last delivery took less than 12 hours to get from CPC to birmingham then to gateshead (probably about 300 miles)... then 2 days to get the last 10 miles to me
We dropped UPS now use DPD and APC, DPD are by far the best with the very best delivery success rate and bespoke service, however they are very expensive and we charge for their service.

im suprised any of these courier firms stay in business, shocking service from all of them
They stay in business because they cover all bases, if they lose a parcel we only receive a pittance in compensation, if you want to insure they charge you an absolute ripoff price making it a non-starter.

Spare a thought for us poor old website operators, we generally are cheap, we get the order, we have the stock, don't charge carriage and rush the order through, the carrier collects it and promptly f**ks it up and we get pelters chucked at us.