Larco disabled door activiation switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhitleyElectrical08

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am hoping for a bit of help, i went to a call out this morning regarding a Larco disabled door switch not working ie not opening the door, i took the covers off essentially just a push to make switch with a small pcb board to send the signal to the reciever to make the door open, the other door switch (inside) works fine its the outside one that is the issue i think its the pcb board in the switch that is faulty but i am not 100% sure as i have never really worked a great deal on this systems before i "googled" the make and model of the switch and the only place you can get the switch is from larco and they are a american company which no outlets in the uk i am hoping if anyone else had come across them and might know where i can get one from or any tech advice

Cheers me dears

Can you not fault find on the board?

You can check the inputs and see if these are present then trace this along the board through the components to the output, checking for the signal path along the way.

First check for dry/broken joints though.

Any electrolytic caps on the board?

Where does it get its power supply from?