Electrical Instalation condition report codes details

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whisky makes me gyp 

my mate got married and his dad was the head of the Huddersfield Mafia

hotel reception was tumblers full of scotch. Being students we saw it as a challenge .  Luckily the taxi back to our hotel had those really thick plastic seat covers favoured by our ethnic cousins, if not it could have been a lot lot worse.  We had the foresight to book the taxi using false names....it was early 80s😂😂😂🤢🤕

Whisky makes me gyp 

my mate got married and his dad was the head of the Huddersfield Mafia

hotel reception was tumblers full of scotch. Being students we saw it as a challenge .  Luckily the taxi back to our hotel had those really thick plastic seat covers favoured by our ethnic cousins, if not it could have been a lot lot worse.  We had the foresight to book the taxi using false names....it was early 80s😂😂😂🤢🤕
I’m not buying this story. 
Huddersfield Mafia? 
Ethnic cousins? 
Foresight & youngsters? 
You with friends- that’s a stretch too far. 
😂😂😂

My final thought is what is on the "end" of the garage circuit - if its a socket I would probably say its a C2 due to lack of RCD protection and if its a small fuseboard , there is another schedule missing

I think you should get a local independent spark to re-inspect (letting them see this "EICR"
There is armoured cable to a small fuse box in the garage with 2 lights and socket. There is a garage consumer unit with RDC, 6mcb and 16mcb.

Fuse Box is split with Lights downstairs has own RCBO and Garage MCB to garage consumer unit RCD. 

Only one Schedule test result sheet. I know they tested the garage as I had to open it to let one of the guys in to test..

Scary thing is he was teaching an apprentice as well. 

I think I need to pursue a refund and get it all done again by a local electrician. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Only one Schedule test result sheet. I know they tested the garage as I had to open it to let one of the guys in to test..

Scary thing is he was teaching an apprentice as well. 

I think I need to pursue a refund and get it all done again by a local electrician. 

That sounds the best course of action TBH

I've just reviewed a EICR, the original one had 2 schedules, yet there was only 1 fuseboard

Odd or should I say rushed 

What constitutes a zone 1 for a bathroom light .? The bathroom light is 221cm off floor but just outside the footprint of the bath (within the 600m of zone 2).

But the bath has one of those spring shower curtain rails across the walls and curves out near the middle. At the curve it comes under the edge of the light would this bring the light then into zone 1, because it might not be over the bath footprint but could be within the shower area. ??

What constitutes a zone 1 for a bathroom light .? The bathroom light is 221cm off floor but just outside the footprint of the bath (within the 600m of zone 2).

But the bath has one of those spring shower curtain rails across the walls and curves out near the middle. At the curve it comes under the edge of the light would this bring the light then into zone 1, because it might not be over the bath footprint but could be within the shower area. ??

Is the fitting IP rated?

If not it needs changing or moving.

The light was IP44  when installed few years ago so presume good for zone 2. Although I did see what looks like dead flies in the bottom. I presume through the wiring gap form the loft above. Would this indicate the light is no longer IP44 rated as flies got in. I went round today and moved the shower curtain over 2 inches so no longer under the light. 

The light was IP44  when installed few years ago so presume good for zone 2. Although I did see what looks like dead flies in the bottom. I presume through the wiring gap form the loft above. Would this indicate the light is no longer IP44 rated as flies got in. I went round today and moved the shower curtain over 2 inches so no longer under the light. 
shame you didn’t take photos of the fuseboard so we could see them

Can I mention once again that there should not be regulation numbers on a condition report it should be written for the client to understand. No one expects the client should look up 18th edition to see what's up. Write "no RCD protection on ring. Bathroom light does not comply with regulations, fault on lighting circuit. " not numbers of regulations simple language

Can I mention once again that there should not be regulation numbers on a condition report it should be written for the client to understand. No one expects the client should look up 18th edition to see what's up. Write "no RCD protection on ring. Bathroom light does not comply with regulations, fault on lighting circuit. " not numbers of regulations simple language
I agree I never cite Regulations I write what I see in plain English. I must say though your examples above are a bit non-descript and random, 'fault on lighting circuit, no rcd protection on ring'. What fault, what type of rcd??